Not Right Out Of The Box

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my 800 mid January.
Started with factory programs, no changes other than tone volume.
To be honest, I wasn't real impressed.
Had some good finds, but not what I thought I should be doing.
It was the most noisy, chatterery machine, with the worst EMI interference of any detector I have used.
Constant falsing, I could stand in 1 spot on get a different sound, number each swing.
I could hold the coil in the air and get random numbers.
If I hit pinpoint mode, it would blow the earphones off my head, it was so loud.
Screen would freeze when I switched from pinpoint to detect.
Pinpointing was terrible, sometimes the target was not in the same zip code as the hole.
Didn't know if this was normal .
Don't know anyone that has an 800, so I could not compare it to another.
Was going to call Minelab, when I realized I could do a factory reset, I had tried program resets, they did no good.
Did a factory reset and have a whole different metal detector.
The falsing and chattering is gone. The EMI problem is solved. Pinpoint is normal volume. Pinpoint is more accurate.
Went into a new trashy small site that I tried to hunt 2 days before and found 100% nothing and found 3 wheat pennies on same ground I had gone over 2 days before.
I was reading about programming the 800 and it was recommended to do a factory reset first.
I think it is a good idea to factory reset out of the box for new owners and anybody having problems.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good to know I just ordered a 800 last night :occasion14:.... thanks for sharing

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm getting ready to go on a hunt this weekend on some good ground in the SC lowcountry. I'm planning on using the Deus mainly but the Equinox will be there as well. Just for precaution I did a factory reset last night and went back through and added my custom settings(Provided by a fellow member). Not sure if it was necessary but did it anyway for my own satisfaction.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Highstrung, Best of luck to you in your hunt in the SC Low country this weekend.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strange:icon_scratch:. When my Equinox arrived, the newest software update had just been released. I turned mine on right out of the box to make sure it powered up. I charged it and immediately downloaded and installed the update, took it out for a spin; worked perfectly and has ever since. Glad you solved your issue though.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you fixed it I reset every new hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread