Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: About to join the 800 club

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Quest Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    636 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

About to join the 800 club

Should be here Saturday, ordered it from Docs in Nevada, what would you some of you 800 guys recommend for starting out??

Im going to make a test be and hunt the city snow dump area to get started and try to familiarize my self with the tones....

Thanks in advance....
    A2coins and Hawks88 like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3699 times
    Metal Detecting
    Just my opinion.

I would start out in multi. Sens. at 18, recovery 7, iron bias 1 or 2, 5 tones and park 1. Also I like running with the horse shoe button on. I feel it unmasks better in all metal mode.
    A2coins, Toecutter and Hawks88 like this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6546 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I'd start in one of the preset modes......probably Park 1 since it's only 5 tone. You can also try Park 2 if you really want to concentrate on gold. It's 50 tone in stock mode, but, you can change that to 5 if it's too much to handle. Set the sensitivity up as high as it will go and still remain stable and do some hunting! After you get a 100 hours or so on the machine, you can then think about using other modes and tweaking it to optimize the mode for the site and hunting conditions.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    7799 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    Just my opinion.

I would start out in multi. Sens. at 18, recovery 7, iron bias 1 or 2, 5 tones and park 1. Also I like running with the horse shoe button on. I feel it unmasks better in all metal mode.
    I like the above as a starting point to learn the machine, but maybe lower recovery speed and turn off horse shoe if your brain encounters information overload...
    A2coins, Hawks88 and Toecutter like this.

us
    Jul 2010
    319 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pa-dirt_nc-sand View Post
    I like the above as a starting point to learn the machine, but maybe lower recovery speed and turn off horse shoe if your brain encounters information overload...
    I agree, especially with the lower recovery speed, secondly the horse shoe off. jm2c

Charter Member
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2044 times
    I think you will like it. The stock modes are great and work well, just turn it on, 5 second gb and go. The headphones are comfortable but ear buds are also a option if you like that. Its very loud and the numbers are large and easily readable in bright sun. Had a friend tweak mine for the area and it really talks to me whats in the dirt before I dig. I did get the small coil and it really does a good job separating the trash and coins even when next to each other. Recovery speed is adequate, but had to slow down my swing pattern from the AT Pro and Fisher F75. You gonna miss targets if you swing too fast. So far no deep targets dug, but most targets are within that 5 inch golden zone Im looking in anyway. Dont let how light it is fool you, it is a hunting machine. My RA loves it. My etrac and two other detectors just setting around gathering dust, your not going to want to put the 800 down.
    Toecutter, A2coins and Hawks88 like this.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    8181 times
    Good luck and have fun. Great machine. Just takes a little time to learn.
    A2coins, Rawhide and Toecutter like this.

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Quest Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    636 times
    Great info guys I appreciate all the help...
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    19547 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    For the first few weeks use the factory presets and try it out on a test garden. All machines can be tweaked to the point they stop finding certain kinds of items. I have this one farm where every blasted "97" or higher on my Deus is a piece of unwanted Civil War ration can. One signal not that long ago in the same range was a gold coin, a big one. I had thought about notching out "97 and above, glad I didn't.
    Hawks88, Bodkin, Toecutter and 2 others like this.

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    636 times
    Finally got it yesterday, got a bad case of the spring fever today and heading out early, messed around in the yard a little last night found a couple of pennies....
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6089 times
    Set it to Park 1, Noise cancel, GB as necessary, leave the default settings as is except to reduce Sensitivity as necessary to reduce chatter (no need to force the issue by cranking sensitivity up to 25 either, keep it around 20 plus/minus and you will reduce extraneous noise which can affect effective depth), swing away, dig everything and note primarily the tone quality on keepers versus trash and don't get too hung up on the VDI numbers because a gold ring, nickel and pull tab can all ring up with similar VDI's so can big silver, aluminum cans, and big iron. But they definitely sound different. Learning what the audio is telling you and not just the VDI numbers is key to success. Once you learn the ropes on the Equinox experiment with other features such as the horseshoe "all metal" button and how the pinpointer can help you determine whether you are swinging the coil over a can or a quarter. Be patient. Most of all have fun!
    Toecutter, Hawks88 and A2coins like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Set it to Park 1, Noise cancel, GB as necessary, leave the default settings as is except to reduce Sensitivity as necessary to reduce chatter (no need to force the issue by cranking sensitivity up to 25 either, keep it around 20 plus/minus and you will reduce extraneous noise which can affect effective depth), swing away, dig everything and note primarily the tone quality on keepers versus trash and don't get too hung up on the VDI numbers because a gold ring, nickel and pull tab can all ring up with similar VDI's so can big silver, aluminum cans, and big iron. But they definitely sound different. Learning what the audio is telling you and not just the VDI numbers is key to success. Once you learn the ropes on the Equinox experiment with other features such as the horseshoe "all metal" button and how the pinpointer can help you determine whether you are swinging the coil over a can or a quarter. Be patient. Most of all have fun!
    Great ill do exactly that.. heading to a couple of parks im pretty sure they've bin hammered....
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Feb 2009
    Northern Colorado
    Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
    161 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Aah, a new toy... I mean treasure detecting device! I think you got all the information you need for now. I think the key is to to learn by digging what you hear and see just like with any detector.

I have a little thing I do when I go to any new location. I take the first 10 signals (any solid signal) I get and try to guess what they are before I dig them. If I get 8 out of 10 I start to be more selective in what I dig. If I get less than 8 out of 10 I start over until I do. Either way I'm digging and finding stuff. A nice little game that helps me at least.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23978 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I like rec speed at 4 have fun you'll tweak it the way you like it's a great machine. Tommy
    Toecutter and Hawks88 like this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    636 times
    3 parks about 4.5 hours of hunting 51 pennies 12 dimes 6 quarters 1 nickle 1 watch 2 wheats, my trash to the right of the pic, my buddy went with me hes using the ATpro he pry dug as many targets as i did but half his finds where bottle caps and pull tabs ..... lol....

All in all very happy with the machine today by fare the best feeling machine i have had, its quiet and hits hard on the coins 2 of the dimes i dug where only giving a good tone one way in each instance they where under a big nail, my buddy (atpro) missed a penny spill of 4 they where right next to one of his plugs i didnt tell him though lol ....

Also using the Pro Find 35 today it was spot on and easy to adjust, felt very confident with, my pro pointer 2 Im always checking to see if its on or working or having to cycle the power....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_155759.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	1706111
    Last edited by Toecutter; Apr 23, 2019 at 04:03 PM.
    vferrari and Butler like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links