Waterproof headphones?

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
I bought "the original" koss headphones, same thing as they use on excl. Works fine for me

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gray Ghost are pretty good" ��

halfstep

May 11, 2010
I have the Tony Eisenhower headphones and they have great volume and the sound quality is very good. At the time, it was the only waterproof headphone available. Most of the waterproof headphones will have the piezo buzzers and will sound similar. Headphones with audiosears speakers will usually have better sound quality but are more difficult to find in waterproof models and can have reduced volume in deeper water due to the pressure. And headphones with speakers usually need a bigger cup to get good volume and sound. The headphones with the piezo buzzers can have smaller cups making them less bulky. I also have the Mal's surffones for my ctx 3030 which have speakers. They sound great and have plenty of volume. They are waterproof as well.

For me, the most important thing to look for in headphones is fit, comfort and volume since most of your better quality headphones for metal detecting are using similar speakers or piezo buzzers. The sound quality is going to be good and comparable for the higher quality headphones.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Grey Ghost. lots of good info here

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly recommend the Tony Eisenhower waterproof headphones, sound is great and some of the best quality I've seen.

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious about his topic as well. I know Minelab has a waterproof headset, but concerned about negative reviews on the sound quality. I've heard a lot of guys like the Grey Ghost headphones, but my main concern, other than waterproof, is sound quality to make sure we don't miss targets.
I have wireless bluetooth earbuds, but the wireless signal is lost underwater.
I have a pair of wired earbuds that work underwater, but I would like improved sound quality if possible. Something that's at least closely resembles the sound quality of my wireless headphones that came with my Nox 800 if possible.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Tony Eisenhower waterproof headphones too. Good sound and quality. He's upgraded many of my other headphones too.....including Grey Ghosts

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Tony has the best set of head phones out there right now ... That being said, recently I tested a set for Fisher Labs, Underwater Head Phones...by far the best performance and Audio. (possibly to be production soon?) Now if I can convince them to make them for other machines. The shells are similar to the Gray Ghost which are comfortable, but I think Tony's are easier on the head for comfort of any made.

One reason the Fishers out performs the rest, Biggest Piezo buzzers made.

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the grey ghost and Koss. Definitely Grey ghost are better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread