Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
not me, the last time I was in Okinawa (1969), we were finding live rounds everywhere on the water's edges and they were still finding live bombs. good luck

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes there has been posts of several people suffering water intrusion into the control head.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive me, but what the heck are we talking about here?

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forgive me, but what the heck are we talking about here?

If any minelab equinox owners have had any water leak into the control housing

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there has been posts of several people suffering water intrusion into the control head.

Anyone reporting leaks of using it in snorkeling mode...1-6 feet of water over a year of use? Thanks"

While “several people” may a bit of an overstatement or at least ambiguous, water intrusion has been reported at least a handful of times here (none that I recall being reported recently) but appears to be rare in relation to the total number sold, but really no way to tell how many people actually submerge their Equinoxes. Bottom line, the Equinox is designed to be used in the manner you describe and in the very unlikely event it does leak, Minelab will honor the 3 year warranty against failure if used in accordance with the designed parameters (i.e., waterproof if submerged to a maximum depth of 3m/10 ft.). So you should feel confident that it will likely not leak within a year and if it does, you should be covered.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions