Still having problems charging my headphones.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine stopped charging altogether.....gutted!

Matt

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine worked great but never liked the charging port, seemed a little delicate. Had to wiggle the plug around to get it charging a few times, maybe a different cord will be better. Also see if they work plugged in to the detector then you'd know if they work at all. i lost mine somehow :BangHead: so ordered the miccus sr-71's.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine stopped charging altogether.....gutted!

Matt

Has anyone else had this problem?

The red light cut off after 2 seconds.

Either the battery has gone bad or the charge connector has broken internally. Stop banging your heads against the wall and take advantage of your warranty replacement options folks...it is a 3-year warranty in the US.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine worked great but never liked the charging port, seemed a little delicate. Had to wiggle the plug around to get it charging a few times, maybe a different cord will be better. Also see if they work plugged in to the detector then you'd know if they work at all. i lost mine somehow :BangHead: so ordered the miccus sr-71's.

It used to wiggle and stayed charge at the right angle now 3 second rule. I’ve tried different cords etc

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either the battery has gone bad or the charge connector has broken internally. Stop banging your heads against the wall and take advantage of your warranty replacement options folks...it is a 3-year warranty in the US.

I am V I just sent in my 11 inch coil and my 15 inch coil and they theysent me back 2 brand new ones. They got them back to me in six days they were really good folks.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my wireless headphones replaced under warranty about 6 months ago. They stopped charging with the stock cable, but, they would charge with a replacement phone cable if you pushed the plug off to one side and hold it there. It was a bad socket in the headphones. I agree that it looks like a weak point that could be improved. Why not have a magnetic one like the detector? Just a thought........

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my wireless headphones replaced under warranty about 6 months ago. They stopped charging with the stock cable, but, they would charge with a replacement phone cable if you pushed the plug off to one side and hold it there. It was a bad socket in the headphones. I agree that it looks like a weak point that could be improved. Why not have a magnetic one like the detector? Just a thought........

Would be a great idea, but since ML is just rebranding someone else's design, it is unlikely you will see such an innovation because the manufacturer is not incentivized to use ML's charging cable design (doesn't make sense for him to provide something that is less universal than the audio industry standard charge connector).

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With mine, the pin has broke and you can hear it rattling around the cup..lol.

Thing is, place I bought it from brand new in the UK, makes me pay the postage to them, then they won't just swap it for a new pair and send me them....they say they have to send them to Minelab, then Minelab take a look, send the shop/store a new pair, then they send them to me!

Takes a couple weeks!

When my arm cuff broke, that's exactly what happened.

2 weeks.

I would have thought the shop/store would have them back and send me a new pair, not all this 2 week malarky.....or should i be a bit more persistent and politely demand that they swap 'em for me thee and then, not all this me post to them, they post to minelab, minelab post to them then they post to me malarky?

ARRGH!!??

Matt

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be a great idea, but since ML is just rebranding someone else's design, it is unlikely you will see such an innovation because the manufacturer is not incentivized to use ML's charging cable design (doesn't make sense for him to provide something that is less universal than the audio industry standard charge connector).

I'm not saying that they need to use Minelab's exact design and/or technology, just a magnetic type connector. Other devices use that type of charging system (I.E. my 20 year old Oral B electric toothbrush). That would also make it easier to waterproof or at least water resistant the headphones too. An added benefit would be less warranty claims for connection problems. Ideally, they could make a waterproof headphone setup with a wireless and wired option for both beach and water hunting all in one unit.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying that they need to use Minelab's exact design and/or technology, just a magnetic type connector. Other devices use that type of charging system (I.E. my 20 year old Oral B electric toothbrush). That would also make it easier to waterproof or at least water resistant the headphones too. An added benefit would be less warranty claims for connection problems. Ideally, they could make a waterproof headphone setup with a wireless and wired option for both beach and water hunting all in one unit.

It is a good idea and, as you say, not exactly groundbreaking tech, so there must be a business case reason even waterptoof designs are not using them. Like I said, there seems to be a public backlash against proprietary, non-universal USB charging cables, so all the IPX rated waterproof/water resistant BT buds and phones I have come across simply use captured port covers to keep dust and moisture out and standard micro-USB or USB-C connectors. Just not a lot of consumer demand from the majority of users who don't use these things for metal detecting to make it worth their while, I guess. I wish a metal detecting focused company would would come up with a magnetic BT headphone charge connector like you describe for an Equinox compatible wireless headset. Not holding my breath, though.

Last edited:

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes they have changed mine twice,
I cannot afford to miss a hunt because of broken head phones
I sensed the charge connector was getting weak, so I changed them

the red light would not stay on, not sure if if was charing or not,
I changed them

the customer service are spot on

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes they have changed mine twice,
I cannot afford to miss a hunt because of broken head phones
I sensed the charge connector was getting weak, so I changed them

the red light would not stay on, not sure if if was charing or not,
I changed them

the customer service are spot on

Mailing mine out tomorrow I’m using my waterproof set....I might just have to go in the water now.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miccus 71's came today, port seems better. No wollowing around feeling for the sweet spot. Maybe they fix 20190513_193113.jpg ed it. Not sure if it is different from my Minelab 80's since i lost the dang things and they came as i was walking out the door to go detecting. Used the WM 08 for the first time and is worked great.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread