• Pfft, I know everything already!

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I received mine. Much better than the other book in many ways, however, there is still at least 1 typographical error per page, sometimes more. Most are minor but some require you to read the sentence a couple of times to figure it out. Others are just incorrect. For example, when notching out a specific VID the book says "after you click the button the segment will turn black" which is true for other Minelabs but not this one. I have been tracking it and will be sending the author my errata to help in future publications. So far I love the book and have picked up many tips. Thanks to the author for his tireless effort to put out such a book. I am well aware of how much effort it takes to take on such an endeavor!

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine arrived a couple of days ago...got it fot my father for father's day....it is BY FAR the Best book on the equinox you could ever find!!!

Matt

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got Andy's NEW book............as I suspected, and as he has done in the past, a very well written book with lots of good content. Of course it has all of the various patterns you'd expect, gathered from a number of other highly competent detectorists in the field. It also has some "Tips" which have greatly improved the performance of the NOX for me. Knowledge is for a lifetime........how much is that worth ?

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine a couple weeks ago and have read it twice. It is no where as in depth as the Etrac book by Andy, but then again, the Nox is likely an easier machine to learn. I did like all of the "tips" he relates but the manual for this machine is way more in depth. He does state that he is not rehashing the manual but there was really very little I learned from the book that I hadn't already learned here or just from years of detector use. I would say if you're new to the multi tonal multi frequency Minelabs you will get more out of it and it is a definite must for newer detector users who own this cool machine. I glad that I have it and it will travel with me until I have got all the tips there in down pat. Now if I could just get the work done on my house since a big tree crushed part of it I could get out and actually use my Nox.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy, if you're reading thos mate....LOVE your book.

10/10

Matt

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamesf01

Greenie
Apr 12, 2011
PORT ORCHARD WA
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Fisher CZ 6
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. the book is great but will not get another of his books because his notation Handy On-line Reference Guide never was working called Andy to many excuses why it did not work I gave up trying to get it.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now he already has an updated version!! I think he ought to take my first version back in trade or partial payment!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread