• Pfft, I know everything already!

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have several of Andy's books, and I drove to Detroit and attended one of his seminars there. His books are worth reading, and the seminar was pretty thorough as well.

Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Source for said book? My google-fu came up empty.

bullnose

Jan 21, 2019
Clinton County Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know when it's supposed to come out? The last I heard it was "about to come out" last September...

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunting outfitters is taking orders.

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here yuh go:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121..._id=1557693502464970&notif_t=group_highlights

"The Minelab Equinox Handbook . . . coming next week!

The new Minelab Equinox Handbook is getting boxed up at the printer this week and will start shipping on May 20th . . .

Based on feedback from those that proofed it and the caliber of many that provided input in terms of settings, techniques and more, it should be a great reference guide to a great family of detectors. Even if you have been swinging one since it first came out, there will be tips that can help you get even more out of the Equinox regardless of what type of hunting you do. I know that as I was drafting the book, every time I thought I had seen all the possible tips, I would get some additional input that had to be included.

The book is 176 pages in length and measures 8.5” x 11”. The format follows several of my previous model-specific handbooks covering the functions in a detailed yet easy-to-understand manner followed by tips and techniques that you can apply to the type of hunting you do in all site conditions. Setting provided by recognized experts from around the world include an explanation as to why they made the changes they did so that you can see if any adjustments are needed to get the optimal performance possible. The price in the U.S. is $19.95.

For those that provided input, copies will be sent out soon after they come in as a way of saying thanks for helping to make the book as comprehensive as possible. Distributor / dealer shipments will be going out ASAP as well.

If you want to order individual signed copies, you can do so through the following link . . . .

(deleted by mod for rule violation, nonsupporting vendor)

Looking forward to the feedback from fellow Equinox users . . . ."

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I voted "hell no"

I'm old, and it used to be if you wanted more intel than the owners manual offered.....you bought a book.

Got my Equinox last summer, and naturally I bought a book. But i didn't get much from it, honestly a waste of time and money..

BUT

I wont say the book was bad, nor will I say this one is bad.

It's simply because this forum had taught me everything already, and more.

I won't be buying another printed rehash of what we discuss here every day.

On the otherhand, for someone that don't live with the internet on their cell phone, the books may be highly beneficial.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Purchased Mine! This book will surely support my opinion on Clive's "work.":skullflag:

Last edited:

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid 19.95 shipped, for a signed copy yesterday.

Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the book when i have you fine ladies and gentlemen?

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After thinking about it I ordered one. Yes the forums and putting the hours in using it tell you everything you NEED to know, but the equinox is the first detector I got at introduction and with the investment of the machine plus both accessory coils, what’s another $20? I really want to master this detector so this might help.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing i did was print the manual out full size. i bought Clive's book decent book but he needs an editor and a illustrator too. And i need to read up on things more often to keep up due to anologazimers and limited coil time. Heard a lot of great things about Andy's other books and i like to read.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to reading my own advice...lol. ;) And of course that of Andy and the other contributors.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I probably will buy Andy's EQ book, just haven't yet.

Matter of fact, I have yet to purchase anyone's book on the EQ.

As for Clive, I have 4 of his books, and one of Gary Drayton's.

All were of value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread