Will these pair up with the 800?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T.Hunter, how does that work exactly? sounds like you are talking about the charge port on the ML80's.

No sir, it is a 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) plug in jack.

Equinox ML 80 Wired Mini Jack.png

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do earbuds have to be APTX and low latency or is low latency sufficient?

APTX LL is what Equinox is looking for. Other so called "low latency" earbuds will not give you low latency on the Equinox if they are not compatible with APTX LL. Also, there are 3 consumer flavors of APTX - APTX (aka APTX "Classic"), APTX HD, and APTX LL. The other APTX codecs have a lower latency than the most common bluetooth codecs such as SBC but still have very perceptible delays vs. APTX LL. So having earbuds that just support APTX is not sufficient either. HTH

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think what T Hunter was trying to say is that there is a 1/8" stereo jack (not USB) on the headphones which we know. He's saying you can pair the headphones with the detector then plug in the earbuds into the ML-80's. I haven't tried it. I've only used it to connect them with the wi-stream module.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what T Hunter was trying to say is that there is a 1/8" stereo jack (not USB) on the headphones which we know. He's saying you can pair the headphones with the detector then plug in the earbuds into the ML-80's. I haven't tried it. I've only used it to connect them with the wi-stream module.

Exactly, you are using the ML headphones as a bluetooth receiver for wired earbuds. Going to try that out myself tomorrow, hopefully, to see how it works.

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
V, personally, in this heat and humidity, if I'm going wired, I'm using the wi-stream module. The last thing I need is something around my neck making me sweat even worse! I guess if you don't have the module you could sling then in your digger bag but seems to be a huge PITA to me. JMHO.

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
V, let me know how it goes. I'm actually just curious. I'll never use it, but being an engineer, my nerdy side has to know ;)

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm curious myself, guess if it got hot you could switch to buds and hang the ml80's on your belt. They still make Fanny Packs!?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V, let me know how it goes. I'm actually just curious. I'll never use it, but being an engineer, my nerdy side has to know ;)

Yeah I'm curious myself, guess if it got hot you could switch to buds and hang the ml80's on your belt. They still make Fanny Packs!?

Yeah, I was curious too. Agree that it is not all that practical, but it DOES work just as TH said so if you just want to use wired buds untethered and are without the the WM08 module, this will work you just have to lug around the headphones either on your neck or hanging somewhere else. I guess if you are in conditions where you just can't stand wearing the headphones...then here is an option to use wired earbuds or low profile backphones, untethered to the detector. Frankly, I would either just use the WM08 or spring for a $20 Bluetooth APTX LL receiver that is the size of a small box of matches.

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purchased the Soundpeats after reading about them here a while ago. I've used them exclusively since.
I'm 100% satisfied with the results.
HH

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Those soundpeats are currently unavailable. I’m guessing tariffs has something to do with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions