Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I’m waiting on my headphones to be prepared I was wondering if anybody knew if these cordless headphones would pair up with the equinox 800? IMG_2527.jpg IMG_2528.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will but they are most certainly NOT APTX LL and the lag over targets will drive you nuts. Save some money and just plug a set of cheap wired stereo earbuds or headphones into the WM08 module that you can stuff in a pocket or clip to your belt and you will have a great wireless setup with no lag.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DO NOT BUY

You need “low latency” headphones or ear buds

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are good aptx ll buds.

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can back up Pete on those! I have the same ones that I now use in hot weather when I don't wan't the heat the goes with over the ear. I usually use corded with the WiStream module but these are *very* close. I have had them un-pair on occasions, but just give it a second and they will automatically re-pair. They come with a nice case and charging cable, but any micro-usb charger works. They last easily all day for me. I just used them yesterday for about 5 hours. Only un-paired once but worked flawlessly other than that. They are comfortable and stay in your ears very well. Also, the passive noise cancelling they provide is very surprising, similar to ear plugs for shooting guns (well, almost).

P.S. You can also pair them with your phone at the same time and take calls or hear texts if you need to.

-Bill

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv herd that blue tooth will unbind if you go under water, i have not tested this my self but Im wondering if in shallow water will they unbind as soon as they go under or would it need some depth or distance to unbind ? can any of you guys answer that? thanks!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv herd that blue tooth will unbind if you go under water, i have not tested this my self but Im wondering if in shallow water will they unbind as soon as they go under or would it need some depth or distance to unbind ? can any of you guys answer that? thanks!

Radios don't work well in the water and the signal fades fast after even travelling just a few inches in water, especially low power, high frequency signals like bluetooth. If the Equinox control head (not the coil) where the bluetooth transmitter is located is completely and contnuously submerged by even just a few inches, you will suffer dropouts or complete loss of signal to wireless phones. Best to go with submersible wired phones if that is the case.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Radios don't work well in the water and the signal fades fast after even travelling just a few inches in water, especially low power, high frequency signals like bluetooth. If the Equinox control head (not the coil) where the bluetooth transmitter is located is completely and contnuously submerged by even just a few inches, you will suffer dropouts or complete loss of signal to wireless phones. Best to go with submersible wired phones if that is the case.

Hey V you been swinging lately?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little. Hit a local beach this weekend, didn't find much but a did find a wheatie and a couple of really deep nickels in the wet sand. Lol. Not exciting from an actual finds standpoint, but the Equinox continues to impress with its depth in wet sand and shallow salt water. Could have easily been gold rings.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little. Hit a local beach this weekend, didn't find much but a did find a wheatie and a couple of really deep nickels in the wet sand. Lol. Not exciting from an actual finds standpoint, but the Equinox continues to impress with its depth in wet sand and shallow salt water. Could have easily been gold rings.

Good to here I’m planning of water hunting this years the humidity this year is already the worst, so I have my stealth scoop and my waterproof headphones and I’m gonna give it a go.

fred57

Jul 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fred57 I love these they are loud and quick to respond!!! I appreciate you turning me on to these [emoji1317]

I can’t take any credit, I found out about them here on an earlier post. They are awesome though aren’t they?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just fyi for any not aware. There is also a USB mini Jack on the bottom side of the slave muff that you can plug in ear buds, sync head phones and wear them around your neck and plug ear buds into them.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just fyi for any not aware. There is also a USB mini Jack on the bottom side of the slave muff that you can plug in ear buds, sync head phones and wear them around your neck and plug ear buds into them.

TH - Have you tested that out? Interesting feature, I thought that was just for using the wireless phones in powered off wireless mode by connecting the included headphone audio cable between the phones and the detector as a backup in case the headphone battery went dead. Did not know it would also put out audio from the phones, too. I will have to check that out.

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, CVC 8.0, 10mm Drivers)
Amazon $28 works great no lag.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T.Hunter, how does that work exactly? sounds like you are talking about the charge port on the ML80's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread