An Attempt to Demystify Equinox Multifrequency (Sort of...)

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
informative post for me. Until I got to the "It depends" paragraph. Time for an advil at that point. As V knows, I do like to try and understand the geeky aspects of metal detecting theory. It does help me understand what is going on with my 800 and how to use it most effectively in different types of hunting. Would my results be the same if I didn't get deeper into the weeds? Probably not, but I enjoy leaning new things.

As usual thanks V.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
informative post for me. Until I got to the "It depends" paragraph. Time for an advil at that point. As V knows, I do like to try and understand the geeky aspects of metal detecting theory. It does help me understand what is going on with my 800 and how to use it most effectively in different types of hunting. Would my results be the same if I didn't get deeper into the weeds? Probably not, but I enjoy leaning new things.

As usual thanks V.

I'm with you there. Yeah, I don't need to know the inner workings to find stuff, but when I'm trying to solve a problem, and many sites are problems, it helps to have as much information as possible. I'm a "why" kind of guy... always have been.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hair is still on fire from the first post. I simply cannot do detector "math". I just play in the dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread