All Metal button tone adjustment

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was using my 800 on the beach recently, due to the unit not working correctly, I had the "All Metal" button turned on.

When I would get a signal, it was a low, dull tone, almost like a thumping noise.

I've looked at the owners manual and cannot find anything about this, but is it possible to adjust this tone so it is louder and/or a different tone, and if so, how?

Thank you

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you are hearing is the ferrous tone (which is normally diScriminated out and silent when not in all metal), it is set to be a low tone by default to make it more obvious that it is iron. You can adjust the ferrous tone pitch to something else if you really want to by following the tone pitch adjustment instructions on p. 46 and 47 for Tone Region 1 pitch adjustment. Tone Region 1 is typically all ferrous IDs and represents everything below the first tone break (discrimination setting). HTH

Last edited:
OP
OP
saanich2018

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks