Colored carbon-fiber EQUINOX shafts -- final call, tube order being finalized...

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all;

I plan to place the order for a new supply of colored tubes, from my tube supplier, within the next couple of days. If you are interested in a colored, carbon-fiber shaft (as per previous posts), please let me know ASAP...

THANKS!

Steve

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't suppose they come with a stronger, better arm cup than the standard Minelab one?

Matt

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He used to offer a custom made hefty arm rest as an extra cost option, but it does not appear that he still offers that option any longer on his website. Maybe he can special order it for you, though.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't suppose they come with a stronger, better arm cup than the standard Minelab one?

Matt

Steve will have to give you the definitive answer, but I think I just saw he has a new shipment of the Herke arm cuffs for the EQX. Herke makes an AWESOME cuff. I had one on my E-Trac, and I have one on my CTX. I haven't gotten one YET for my EQX.

As for Steve's CF rods, they are top notch quality! I ordered one from him several weeks ago, but there has been almost non-stop rain since I got it. Every time we get a good day I'm play catch-up on my house and yard instead of hunting. I can't wait to try it out, but I see zero reason it wouldn't live up to expectations.

This is my blue CF rod next to the factory rod.

steve rod.jpg

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kind words, guys, and thanks for the endorsement, Jason! Really appreciated!

Matt -- Jason and vferrari are both correct; I WAS offering nice, black powder-coated aluminum arm cuffs from Jeff Herke, but he expected it to be a "one-time" special offer. However, demand was high enough that Jeff reconsidered, and now -- as Jason said, there is a new production run of the cuffs available (as of just a couple of days ago -- hence why I don't have them up on the website yet). The Herke cuffs come with an optional, padded neoprene cover as well; here are some pictures -- both with the cover (first picture), and without (the second two pics). REALLY nice cuffs...

HerkeCuffInstalled.JPG

herke1withcover.JPG

herke2withcover.JPG

THANKS for your interest!

Steve

Last edited:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words, guys, and thanks for the endorsement, Jason! Really appreciated!

Matt -- Jason and vferrari are both correct; I WAS offering nice, black powder-coated aluminum arm cuffs from Jeff Herke, but he expected it to be a "one-time" special offer. However, demand was high enough that Jeff reconsidered, and now -- as Jason said, there is a new production run of the cuffs available (as of just a couple of days ago -- hence why I don't have them up on the website yet). The Herke cuffs come with an optional, padded neoprene cover as well; here are some pictures -- both with the cover (first picture), and without (the second two pics). REALLY nice cuffs...

View attachment 1715391

View attachment 1715395

View attachment 1715396

THANKS for your interest!

Steve

SOLD! ! !! !:hello2::hello2:

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Matt,

LOL! If you are interested in placing an order, send me a PM, and I can get you some more information.

Thanks!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just wanted to let everyone know that I placed the order for the colored tubes today. I ordered a few extras, in a few colors, so if you didn't get your order in, in time, but intended to, check with me and I can let you know if I have extras, in the color you prefer. If I am not mistaken, I will have one or two extra sets of tubes in the following colors: Blue, Blue/Black, Red/Black, Silver, and Green.

Thanks all!

Steve

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Steve, where is the trade-in program to get this bling? ;) I've already bought everything but red / black would be badass. Guess it's an early adopter woe? Don't get me wrong, super happy!

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Let me know when you want to meet up on the F75 / T2 shaft issue! I can easily meet you in OKC or Norman.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wallrat --

LOL! That's the only bad thing about introducing the colors; some, who already bought the black, want a colored one now!

Sounds good, on the F75/T2 thing. My only concern with that machine is the S-shaft; I would need to find out of my carbon-fiber tube producer can make a tube with bends in it...

Steve

P.S. I love what you have listed for your "detectors used," under your name, join date, and location! (Equinox 1000!)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions