Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sick of my plastic Equinox armrest breaking.

Yes, it's go warranty, but still costs me £4.50 to send it off to the dealer each time it breaks.

So, i'm really looking for help here guys, does anyone know of a metal armrest that will fit the Equinox without having to modify it?

cheers
Matt

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty rough on my NOX and havent had the issue, if you dont mind me asking , how do you keep breaking them?

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty rough on my NOX and havent had the issue, if you dont mind me asking , how do you keep breaking them?

I have no idea...i'm super careful with my Nox....wash it nice and clean etc after every use.

Cuff broke on front part, sent it off got new one under warranty and now the rear part of rest has snapped off.

Just unlucky I suppose.

Then again, i'm lucky in some ways as i have zero shaft wobble at all.

Matt

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea...i'm super careful with my Nox....wash it nice and clean etc after every use.

Cuff broke on front part, sent it off got new one under warranty and now the rear part of rest has snapped off.

Just unlucky I suppose.

Then again, i'm lucky in some ways as i have zero shaft wobble at all.

Matt

I never broke one of these! Minelab Arm Rest Kit (GPX / Sovereign / Eureka Gold)

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/arm-rest-kit-gpx-sovereign-eureka-gold

Dave

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do not know of a metal arm cuff that will attach to the Equinox's shaft. Most arm cuffs have the mounting bolt that goes through the shaft 90 degrees from the orientation of the Equinox's holes. I think a modification would be necessary, sorry to say.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have Jeff Herke aluminum arm cuffs (and padded neoprene cuff covers) available for the Equinox, which I sell with my shafts. They ship direct from Jeff, though, and I'm not sure if he ships internationally. My guess is that he doesn't, but I am happy to check with him, if you are interested...

Steve

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one off Ebay for £20

bullnose

Jan 21, 2019
Clinton County Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a Herke aluminum one with the neoprene pad from Steve yesterday. It shipped this morning. I’ll try to remember to post pictures when it arrives.

TrippinBilly

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a Herke aluminum one with the neoprene pad from Steve yesterday. It shipped this morning. I’ll try to remember to post pictures when it arrives.
I really don't like the stock arm rest at all. I'd like to also hear how it works for you in the field (or beach.. or wherever you go :-) )

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't like the stock arm rest at all. I'd like to also hear how it works for you in the field (or beach.. or wherever you go :-) )

With a bit of luck, I can have peace of mind with a metal arm rest and not be paranoid it's gonna snap or break like the stock equinox arm rest.:headbang:

Matt

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy to make one out of 4" PVC pipe as I did for my Excalibur. Left it as a loop and just slide my arm through. Also drilled a bunch of holes in it to reduce a little weight. Has been on there for years.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a bit of luck, I can have peace of mind with a metal arm rest and not be paranoid it's gonna snap or break like the stock equinox arm rest.:headbang:

Matt

With those guns I can understand why the stock armrest has no chance with you. Lol.

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found this on another forum.

I ordered mine from LP Metal Detecting, who DID replace the arm cuff under warranty.....best be more careful I guess :tongue3:

Matt

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just found this on another forum.

I ordered mine from LP Metal Detecting, who DID replace the arm cuff under warranty.....best be more careful I guess :tongue3:

Matt

I very much agree with this disclaimer/ cautionary note. I keep my strap loose so I can pull my arm out with ease and check my finds. Doing so, I’ve never had an issue with the Minelab arm cuffs.

Just the view from my foxhole...

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I very much agree with this disclaimer/ cautionary note. I keep my strap loose so I can pull my arm out with ease and check my finds. Doing so, I’ve never had an issue with the Minelab arm cuffs.

Just the view from my foxhole...

And I must confess to doing my strap up very tight.

Probably, no definitely the reason why it broke :BangHead:

Matt

Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked at that same cuff that a US seller now has. How's the quality and does it fit the shaft well?

I bought that same one, but a word of advice; you will probably need a new mounting screw. If you find yours is too short, its a metric size. I think its a 4.5 mm or close to that. I bought mine at Lowes, so its a commonly available item. I'll see if I can find the package for the exact size I bought.

Hoping to save someone else from buying about 4 different screws trying to find the one that fits!

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked at that same cuff that a US seller now has. How's the quality and does it fit the shaft well?

It's still on it's way from the Ukraine mate...lol

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions