Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like somebody shot it in total darkness with no sound.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have an equinox....but am very interested...still digesting this. Its sort of worrying, so counter intuitive.
Question - What software version/ update is this?

Question- Is the coil size software sensitive? (silly question I know)

Chub

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does it do the same in park1 multi?

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i know is the guy that did it definitely has the new software.

Matt

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he really wanted dissimilar target separation, he set his recovery speed waaaay too low at 3 out of 8. If he wants to focus on high conductive coins, should have been Park 1 (which would have been similar to 5khz) not Park 2, and finally, it would have been nice to hear the junk target alone and with the dime with all disc removed which is easily accomplished using the horseshoe button. Nothing to see here, more contrived nonsense setups designed to court false controversy. If I really wanted to focus solely on high conductors, with nickels thrown in, I would probably run at 5 kHz, too or at least run a single frequency 5 kHz scan after I had hit the Park using Park 1 at recovery speed 5 or higher. :censored:

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"run a single frequency 5 kHz scan after I had hit the Park using Park 1 at recovery speed 5 or higher." This is exactly what I've been doing lately.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I look back on it, I guess he is not trying to necessarily court controversy, but he sure finds really contrived scenarios to find shortcomings when it comes to Multi IQ. Anyway, Matt, thanks for bringing us another "lewis" special video, I always like to see what bizarre settings he comes up with to make his "point".

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run wide open, so it’s not applicable to me. The Nox 800 is a nice machine to setup for cherry picking, but I think that you run the risk of not hearing a strong low tone gold signal when in this mode. If it’s your own property that you know nobody will ever hunt on but you, then that’s fine. But on public land or permissions, I want to go home with as many good targets as I can on each hunt, and not intentionally leave something behind "for another day" that another detectorists can exploit if given the chance.

I own the 600, and I’m glad I don’t have the 800. I know I’d be tempted to do things like that, and it’s my luck that my hunting buddy who also runs wide open on his 800, would be behind me picking up all the low tone gold in my wake. :laughing7:

Again, that’s just me, and I can see where this is more of an education tutorial as opposed to encouraging folks to overlook targets intentionally.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run wide open, so it’s not applicable to me. The Nox 800 is a nice machine to setup for cherry picking, but I think that you run the risk of not hearing a strong low tone gold signal when in this mode. If it’s your own property that you know nobody will ever hunt on but you, then that’s fine. But on public land or permissions, I want to go home with as many good targets as I can on each hunt, and not intentionally leave something behind "for another day" that another detectorists can exploit if given the chance.

I own the 600, and I’m glad I don’t have the 800. I know I’d be tempted to do things like that, and it’s my luck that my hunting buddy who also runs wide open on his 800, would be behind me picking up all the low tone gold in my wake. :laughing7:

Again, that’s just me, and I can see where this is more of an education tutorial as opposed to encouraging folks to overlook targets intentionally.

If you want to run REALLY wide open, the 800 gold mode lights up everything in the ground, believe it. You should borrow your friend's 800 and check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread