Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not a fan of the nox handle. It's not really comfortable to begin with and in the Oklahoma humidity it becomes super slippery and I find myself resetting my grip over and over. I tried a few other grips (bike, "injury tape", etc), then it hit me. If any of you fish, or if you golf which was their initial product, you are familiar with Winn Grips and I decided to use some of the Winn Grips Rod Wrap I use on my crankbait and heavier rods. If you have never felt Winn grips, think of a tennis racket grip, yet a tighter wrap and more cushion. Since the nox doesn't have a round handle it took some trial and error to get it correct but now I got it; tight, no gaps, looks and feels great! You can get the rod wrap on Amazon in a myriad of colors and patterns for about $19 and it would wrap 2 nox's. It comes with enough wrap along with 4 "finishing" tapes so it looks great. If you are interested in how I wrapped it just ask.

HH,
-Bill
20190612_173644.jpg
20190612_173651.jpg
20190612_173750.jpg

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the vet wrap they use to wrap horse's legs. It worked fine and after a couple of trips and it gets dirty just pull it off and replace it. It's cheap and comes in several colors. I buy it at Tractor Supply.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy my tennis handle grip from the local sporting goods store, enough wrap to do 3 handles for $5.99, I've been using it since last year.

OP
OP
W

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like I said in my first post, I tried many different wraps including vet wrap. I have about 100 hours on the grip you see in the picture and it's still tight and cleans up as new.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great idea for dirtdiggers, but no so for waterwalkers.
From Winn: "DO NOT immerse Winn grips in a bucket of water to clean them. This will saturate the underlying layer of the grip and may ruin the grip."
I just wear a pair of foam nitrile gloves. An added benefit: they also provide sun protection for my hands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions