EQX 800 - videos before and after using ver. 1.5.0 and 1.7.5 sweeping silver coins

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All coil sizes tested.

Stock coil. Version 1.5.0 vs version 1.7.5 sweeping silver quarter, silver half dollar and silver dollar all on edge
Before and after video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p1STaUqE8

Smallest coil. Version 1.5.0 vs version 1.7.5 sweeping silver quarter, silver half dollar and silver dollar all on edge..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZyyur30bX8

Biggest Coil. Version 1.5.0 vs 1.7.5 sweeping silver quarter, silver half dollar and silver dollar all on edge.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTnalUuMYz0

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this (1.7.5) the update that came out last summer, or is it a recent update?

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this (1.7.5) the update that came out last summer, or is it a recent update?

Version 1.7.5 has been out for a while. Not a new release.
Some folks may have realized what the new release 1.7.5 did for stock coil. But maybe not for other coils. There are some differences with some of the coins using the smallest and biggest coils as far as how the original release version software performed ( meaning original version performed pretty good). The video shows I think.

Cheers.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the work you did but i got lost in all the beeps, which do you use?. I tried the update twice and was very unstable even at a fresh water beach that i can run wide open in 1.50.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the work you did but i got lost in all the beeps, which do you use?. I tried the update twice and was very unstable even at a fresh water beach that i can run wide open in 1.50.

I use the 1.7.5 version.
You can watch the vids over and over. Even start from a certain point. Each coil was tested with oldest version first and the detect modes used were in order of how they are set up on menu screen. Meaning park 1, park 2, field 1 and field 2.
Then the newest version was loaded in detector and the park and field detect modes tested in the order above.
Not hard.

Something else worth noting.
I don’t think it was my imagination.
When sweeping the coin with coil sweep in same plane as coin on edge, seemed to me ID was higher using oldest version vs newer version.
But sweeping across the coins perpendicular to plane of coin on edge ID and tone better especially using park 1 and field 1.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just hard to really get into air tests.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread