"Must have" accessories for the Nox 800?

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious what add-on accessories you found to be most helpful with a Nox?
i.e carbon fiber/telescoping shaft, arm rest pads, 15" coil, sling to help with fatigue.

I mainly hunt at Great Lakes beaches but hope to take my Nox along traveling to the Florida coast and to the Caribbean in the months ahead.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carbon shaft = not for me....stock shaft has no wobble, so screw paying crazy money for something not needed.

15" coil....Not for me, ZERO increase in depth.

Yes, I do own one, well, my father does, will say however...it is very light and you do NOT need a sling with it.

My father is 81 Years old and he can swing that 15" coil on standard shaft all day long with no problems.

Good for ground coverage, but nah...i'll stick with the best of the bunch, the stock 11" coil.

Stock everything on mine, from shaft, to coil, to headphones and LOVE it!

Matt

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
For me it's the 6" coil.
The standard coil works great, the 15" covers more area but I don't think that big coil would be a whole lot of extra advantage around here.
Now because of the huge amount of trash at most of my sites and the incredible volume of iron at most of them too the 6" coil makes finding severely masked targets even easier.
In my career I have found tons of great treasure with the larger coils with all my detectors but once I switched to sniper coils on all of them most of the time that is the coil that stays mounted.
Less coverage, sure, but here the biggest enemy is masking and the Nox is great at zeroing in on masked targets and add the sniper coil to the equation and that just brings it to another level.
In my strange dirt, anyway.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think their best add on is the 6" coil. It apparently solves the imbalance issue. There's a guy who advertises here for the carbon fiber shafts and I have two friends who use them and like them a lot.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have no shaft wobble problem, there's no particular need for a carbon fiber setup. They are nice though! I like having both the 6" and 15" coil. Both have their strong suits depending on your hunting location and ground/trash condition. I also recommend getting an extra lower shaft for the other coils. It makes changing them out so much easier. This is where you can spend all that extra money you have for carbon fiber.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the 8" coil the best.....wait, there isn't one....darn, I think that I would like it though. split it down the middle between the 11" and the 6".

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would pick up an extra arm cuff or buy an after market indestructible one. Dead in the water when one breaks.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtlooter, you mean the 9" coil? :laughing7: That one would have been nice.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6" coil is the only extra I bought

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the 6” coil. I bought it when it first came out and it’s been on it ever since.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would pick up an extra arm cuff or buy an after market indestructible one. Dead in the water when one breaks.

You are right. I lost mine in waste deep water in heavy current and it was gone. I just ordered a new one. Thank God I had my Excal as a backup. I was a long way from the house.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. I lost mine in waste deep water in heavy current and it was gone. I just ordered a new one. Thank God I had my Excal as a backup. I was a long way from the house.

Wow that's a tough one. Not much consolation now - but in that situation I wouldn't just rely on the arm cuff. A second tether as a backup to keep the detector captured is a necessary thing. Everything I take into the water from my detector, to scoop, to headphones, to hat, to sunglasses if I am wearing them have a secondary tether to keep them captured.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a large capacity (8,000 mA) USB battery pack in my car just in case I run low on power. It will charge headphones or Nox in the field or can be strapped (wire ties or velcro ties) right on the detector for instant power. I have never needed it but it does give a little security.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a cover for the control pad, no more muddy nox.

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
I did buy a 6" coil and have used it so there's that. Number one accessory for me is an extra (proprietary, thank you very much Minelab) charging cable in the bag, just in case. Also a power bank for the internal battery (thanks again Minelab). :)

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spot on there mate!

I used epoxy to fix my REAR of my armcup....didn't send it in for warranty, coz It was my fault.

I've bought a metal armcup setup, but only use the metal rear bit of it, so it can take the 3ft drop when i get excited and dive into the hole with my pointer..lol

I keep spare in my backpack.

Matt

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to wait till I bend or break mine first but looks awesome

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
And extra lower shaft so each coil has their own. Make changing coils fast and you don’t have to mess with the coil nut.
Also that’s makes less wear and tear on the cable to the coil , makes things much easier to change coils.

Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread