First time on beach with Equinox 800 - impressive sensitivity!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. Recently my family and I spent a week at the beach in Delaware, and I took along our Equinox 800 to use it for the first time on the beach.
I have to say: I was incredibly impressed by the sensitivity of the machine! Check out the very small items it found in the lower left-hand corner of the picture!

The picture includes most of what my son and I found during the week; we only detected about an hour a day, and the beaches there are pretty clean. I did throw away bottle caps - and we found a lot of those - but I kept some of the other trash, especially the old pull-tabs because those had been in the sand for a long time.
You'll see on the left that I found my first beach jewelry, a little earring. I'm not sure if it's silver; it does NOT say 925 or Sterling, but it's very small.

I was also impressed with the way the detector differentiated between bottle caps/similar trash and real targets. It didn't take long to learn how to "listen" to what the detector was telling me, and I got good at telling a bottle cap before I even dug it.

Anyway, no major treasures but I did want to mention how impressed I was with the sensitivity and the accuracy!
- Brian

rk2dFnq.jpg

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I think it is to sensitive when chasing small pieces of foil.
I actually started using park 1 in fresh water at a couple of beaches this year.

Last edited:

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy my detector most on the beach.

Great finds for first time out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread