cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting all morning and after 5 hours or so, and heading back to the truck, my Nox800 suddenly just turned off. I tried to turn it back on and it just showed the rotating two bars, beeped, and repeated. I then tried turning it off, back on, and do a factory reset. It wouldn't do that either. I tried several times to either turn it on and/or factory reset without success. Brought it home, tried again, and it fired right up! Anyone else have that happen?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but if does it again, call Minelab. Some of the Equinoxes have gremlins in them that chew wires! (not really). But you have plenty of warranty left on it.

My Chevy Equinox just plain decided to blow warm air instead of cold the other day. Next day it was fine. Gremlins there for sure. The computers in them apparently sometimes get "fooled" and shut the ac off.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a little hot perhaps? Just throwing out something.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cudamark, I experienced strange behavior like that last time I took the EQX to the Keys. It was a blistering hot day and I had a protective cover over the control box. After a short while the EQX display started malfunctioning...seriously so. I removed the cover, allowed the EQX to cool down and all was back to normal. Since then I've cut a portion of the back off my cover so as to expose the speaker area to the air and all has been good...even on the hottest Florida days at the beach.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the manual say anything about do not use when temperature under x degrees or over x degrees? If it does not, that is not an excuse for misbehavior. The Australian desert has to get mighty hot, as do temps in Alaska get cold ALL YEAR!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you were detecting for 5 hours the battery life was probably almost exhausted. I’ve had some strange things happen similar to this, but a good charging fixed it.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting all morning and after 5 hours or so, and heading back to the truck, my Nox800 suddenly just turned off. I tried to turn it back on and it just showed the rotating two bars, beeped, and repeated. I then tried turning it off, back on, and do a factory reset. It wouldn't do that either. I tried several times to either turn it on and/or factory reset without success. Brought it home, tried again, and it fired right up! Anyone else have that happen?

I had the same exact problem with Nox 800 2 weeks ago While detecting it started turning off & on and just showed the rotating bars The battery was charge. I did what you did turn on and off, factory reset and the problem still continued. I change coils from the 11" to the 6" and the issue was still there. I contacted Minelab and spoke with Max .He told me to just send the control pod back because the issue was not with the coils. Mine lab Detector Center determined that the control was bad & sent me a new control pod. Just got it today have not have time to test it.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same exact problem with Nox 800 2 weeks ago While detecting it started turning off & on and just showed the rotating bars The battery was charge. I did what you did turn on and off, factory reset and the problem still continued. I change coils from the 11" to the 6" and the issue was still there. I contacted Minelab and spoke with Max .He told me to just send the control pod back because the issue was not with the coils. Mine lab Detector Center determined that the control was bad & sent me a new control pod. Just got it today have not have time to test it.

That sound exactly like how mine was acting. It was mostly a cool morning that got a lot warmer when the sun came out, but, hardly a hot day. We had a good breeze too. I've hunted in 100 degree weather without incident, so, mid to upper 70's shouldn't have effected it. No cover to hold in the heat either. Battery still had 3 bars. I'll take it out and see if it will act up again. I need to get this resolved before I take a detecting trip in a couple of months.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but if does it again, call Minelab. Some of the Equinoxes have gremlins in them that chew wires! (not really). But you have plenty of warranty left on it.

My Chevy Equinox just plain decided to blow warm air instead of cold the other day. Next day it was fine. Gremlins there for sure. The computers in them apparently sometimes get "fooled" and shut the ac off.

If that AC thing is a recurring problem, a very common thing to happen is that the pressure in the system is RIGHT on the borderline of whether it will function or not. It could be a whole plethora of things, but first and foremost....have a set of PROFESSIONAL gauges put on it and see if it’s well within acceptable limits. If the pressure switch(s) don’t have what they need to engage the compressor, they won’t. And if it “works one day and not the next”...look at this condition FIRST! Just FYI...:hello:

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You folks only get 5 hours?

So far, I've been able to hunt over 10 hours without it going dead. I recharge every hunt, so, it hasn't been an issue yet with me. Mine has been used a LOT for the last year and a half. Probably been recharged over 150 times. Oh, by the way, my machine seems to working ok now. I've put on about 15 hours since my "episode" and it hasn't recurred. Fingers crossed......

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to hear you're problem free. I was one of the early nox purchasers, hunt everyday for 90 min or so, and still get the battery life you stated. Seems to be a better bat than my darn computers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread