IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was slightly skeptical in the early days...now with 100+ hours on the 800 Im seeing that the genius is in the speed. It is becoming VERY good. Will it ever be a Safari? No. FBS in general? Nope. But it’s multi freq and freaking FAST. I normally use the next to the highest speed at 7 and I’m digging small US coins at 9” without issue, and that’s NOT at full sensitivity. I dug a 52 Rosie this afternoon at 9” at LEAST, and that’s no BS. I actually hated the machine at first because it wasn’t my CTX. It’ll never have the information the CTX does, but it has SPEED, and CAN hunt deep.
If only it had a damn clock! I’m like that though...

OP
OP
Pick_axe

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to the old airfield tomorrow at daybreak to get in a little hunting before it gets too hot.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was slightly skeptical in the early days...now with 100+ hours on the 800 Im seeing that the genius is in the speed. It is becoming VERY good. Will it ever be a Safari? No. FBS in general? Nope. But it’s multi freq and freaking FAST. I normally use the next to the highest speed at 7 and I’m digging small US coins at 9” without issue, and that’s NOT at full sensitivity. I dug a 52 Rosie this afternoon at 9” at LEAST, and that’s no BS. I actually hated the machine at first because it wasn’t my CTX. It’ll never have the information the CTX does, but it has SPEED, and CAN hunt deep.
If only it had a damn clock! I’m like that though...

I've been saying this from Day 1, but many FBS users didn't want to listen. I think a great future iteration would be a multi IQ based detector with the sophisticated pattern discrimination, depth, and precise TID features of the FBS 2 machines (i.e., a multi IQ version of the CTX or eTrac). There is no technological reason you can't have the best of both worlds. Imrove the build quality over Equinox butkstill keep cost down.

Last edited:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping this Vanquish was a CTX6060 but its not. Its gotta be in the works.

I've been saying this from Day 1, but many FBS users didn't want to listen. I think a great future iteration would be a multi IQ based detector with the sophisticated pattern discrimination, depth, and precise TID features of the FBS 2 machines (i.e., a multi IQ version of the CTX or eTrac). There is no technological reason you can't have the best of both worlds. Imrove the build quality over Equinox butkstill keep cost down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread