cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you want to do that?

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would you want to do that?
To not listen to thousands of trash signals I would guess.

I usually notch out up to 10 , then after a few more hours of hell, I tend to notch out everything up to about 18 or 19.

I know I notch out some good stuff, but I dont hunt places that would have much chance of gold, and I dont really care to dig a thousand pulltabs for a nickel.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not do that. Found some great stuff reading at about a 7-9.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good small stuff gets down averaged into that region (even negative in some cases) but if you are just silver/clad coin shooting (and not looking for small nickels, older small coppers, 2 cent pieces, or trimes), jewelry, or relics (which can show up as any positive number), by all meams notching to just above zincs makes sense. I just can't limit myself to those targets, personally. So I focus on the audio in addition to target ID and mostly hunt with no discrimination.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To not listen to thousands of trash signals I would guess.

I usually notch out up to 10 , then after a few more hours of hell, I tend to notch out everything up to about 18 or 19.

I know I notch out some good stuff, but I dont hunt places that would have much chance of gold, and I dont really care to dig a thousand pulltabs for a nickel.

Lol sounds like me. Too hot for all that in the iron patch.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some good small stuff gets down averaged into that region (even negative in some cases) but if you are just silver/clad coin shooting (and not looking for small nickels, older small coppers, 2 cent pieces, or trimes), jewelry, or relics (which can show up as any positive number), by all meams notching to just above zincs makes sense. I just can't limit myself to those targets, personally. So I focus on the audio in addition to target ID and mostly hunt with no discrimination.

During this times down South I hunt from 6-9 pm and then I gotta get out. I’m soaking wet and it’s a lot of land with tons of iron.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small piece of gold and a brass contact period Indian brass cone.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember I’m just trying out different things if I’m interested in buttons and so forth I wouldn’t use this. I like trying different this on different days depending on the heat at this specific location. This sight has tons os old square nails below and modern junk above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to do something easier right now 1 the heat 2 I’m having to break through some brick from the fort and I’m icing down my shoulder right now this is just something that will get me by and see if I can get any silver. And if anybody knows me when it cools down I dig everything.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth - understand what you are doing, Smokey and I were responding to A#1.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth - understand what you are doing, Smokey and I were responding to A#1.

Oh I gotcha v I’m trying everything this machine has to offer I’m constantly trying new things this spot has old and new junk, but I know that means old and new treasure. This was a big party spot in my teens and who would’ve thought I’d be picking up my beer tabs 35 years later. My next learning experience will be experimenting with the gold because I know there’s a 70’s or 80’s Jesus face ring out there. IMG_3217.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread