Noise Cancel EVERY time when switching kHz?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may be wrong but I thought it was after switching modes and/or sens.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's only needed when switching between modes. If you stay in one mode and just cycle the freq, then it's not necessary.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty sure EMI / noise / a chatty machine is based on the frequency you are using and how it interacts with the surrounding EMI (if any)...it takes 7 seconds to noise cancel so i do it regardless.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't have any EMI, no need to use noise cancel. If you have EMI, try to cancel it.

OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, everyone!
And a follow up...if I'm using 5kHz does it matter which mode I'm in? Is 5kHz in park1 the same as 5kHz in field2?? Thanks!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, everyone!
And a follow up...if I'm using 5kHz does it matter which mode I'm in? Is 5kHz in park1 the same as 5kHz in field2?? Thanks!
Short answer is no it doesn't matter.

When you go to single frequency, the mode designations become essentially meaningless other than the residual default settings for tones, recovery speed, GB associated with the mode from which you entered single frequency, because the Multi IQ profile and signal processing is what defines the mode "personality". Notice also that the Iron Bias feature setting is no longer available you switch to single frequency as it relies on Multi IQ to function.

OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, vferrari...I didn't even think about the iron bias but that makes sense.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question charlives. Thanks for all the info everyone.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
now that explains why yesterday I was hunting in single frequency and could not change the iron balance settings. It was one of those hmmmm? moments and then forgot about it.
I was frustrated with the hard ground (bone dry) and lack of pin-pointer. My profind-35 quit working after using it in the river a few days ago. Sent back to Minelab to get repaired under warranty. Don't know what happend since the batter cap was on very tight and straight and not cross threaded. But when checking about 10 - 15 drops of water came out when I got back home to check the battery voltage level.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that explains why yesterday I was hunting in single frequency and could not change the iron balance settings. It was one of those hmmmm? moments and then forgot about it.
I was frustrated with the hard ground (bone dry) and lack of pin-pointer. My profind-35 quit working after using it in the river a few days ago. Sent back to Minelab to get repaired under warranty. Don't know what happend since the batter cap was on very tight and straight and not cross threaded. But when checking about 10 - 15 drops of water came out when I got back home to check the battery voltage level.

Im on my third Profind. Minelab keeps swapping them for me. Two cracked along the barrel (bad batch) and one flooded glad they have good CS!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread