cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Detecting Buddy. Around $25, so, reasonably priced and easy to install and use. I can't remember where I got it, but, probably on Ebay.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go BIG or Go HOME. The Minelab ProSwing 45 can haul the Equinox, ATPro with 18" coil and the ATX all with no problem. A bit pricey. but very adjustable and has not failed me yet. Great on the beach but no need for water walking.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't find the Detecting Buddy uncomfortable at all. I've used it 10 hours straight with my Etrac with a 15" coil without any issue. I have two of them and I think I got one of them from Extreme Detecting. Maybe the other too, I just don't remember. They might be the manufacturer for all I know.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

A counterweight is another option...

Steve

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Chris,

A counterweight is another option...

Steve

Steve is on target and I have both! I use one of Steve's great rods with a counterweight and a Pro Swing 45 harness. Why? With that set up, my EQX 800 is so light I can swing it with 2 fingers and do so for hours on end...no real felt weight on my arm. With the Pro Swing 45 I can let go of my detector to handle/inspect my finds without having to drop or lay the detector in the sand, mud or water. Perfect combination for me.

Just the view from my foxhole...

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will also vouch for Steve's setup. I have the counterweighted shaft and I forgot the counterweight the other day.....made me realize the difference within the first 5 minutes!

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, gentlemen!

I appreciate it.

Steve

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I had my Etrac with a big coil I went to my local HD or lowes and bought a weed whacker sling at a good price.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need a harness etc....my father is 82 years old and he has a Equinox 800 with 15" coil and he swings it for 5-6 hours on the beach in boiling hot weather with zero problems at all.

Matt

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't need a harness etc....my father is 82 years old and he has a Equinox 800 with 15" coil and he swings it for 5-6 hours on the beach in boiling hot weather with zero problems at all.

Matt

This is simply not a one size fits all deal. Not everyone can swing a detector all day even with a small coil attached. Many people got shoulder issues ect.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is simply not a one size fits all deal. Not everyone can swing a detector all day even with a small coil attached. Many people got shoulder issues ect.

Well, i've had back surgery on my spine...TWICE, right hand full of arthritus etc....I just plod on....no pain no gain.

Matt

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Matt

Well, i've had back surgery on my spine...TWICE, right hand full of arthritus etc....I just plod on....no pain no gain.

Matt

Matt, Your input is tremendously helpful. I'm sure the OP and others will learn something from it. Good to know you and your dad come from such stout stock! That answers the OP's questions...right to the point. :icon_scratch: :BangHead:

Now, can anyone supply either a link to Steve's products, or possibly a brand name. I'd like to check them out. I'm not as rugged as Matt's family!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt, Your input is tremendously helpful. I'm sure the OP and others will learn something from it. Good to know you and your dad come from such stout stock! That answers the OP's questions...right to the point. :icon_scratch: :BangHead:

Now, can anyone supply either a link to Steve's products, or possibly a brand name. I'd like to check them out. I'm not as rugged as Matt's family!

Steve is a supporting vendor to TNET - see this link Steve's Detector Rods for more information and a link to his page or you can pm him above (post #9)

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

+1 I am wanting to purchase a setup too (detector rods) as i'm sick and tired of having to put insulating tape around my Nox 800 to stop wobble.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
andy -- feel free to contact me, via PM here at T-Net, or email ([email protected]). I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, or provide you with information. (Thanks, vferrari!)

Steve

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On my nox 800 using my 15" coil I have to use my detector pro harness to get past the 30 minute mark. I think it cost $25.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt all day long big coil, no harness- but I also have a ctx w/ 17 coil and no harness which makes the nox a toy in comparison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread