I just did the Unthinkable...

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ducttape it to your arm for now. Minelab will send you a new one as is under warranty.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a good day, sorry.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
on the bright side.....you still have a garrett and a couple tesoro's ..............:smileinbox:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be safe I'd trade in the Tacoma. You can't trust it after a stunt like that!!!!.......

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the 800 can discriminate out a LOT of iron! I once learned the hard way that a Teknetics detector I had was not waterproof.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CoinHunter,

Sounds like you have ALOT on your plate, LOL! No rush here, I'm not going anywhere. :) Whenever you get your dentistry and wedding taken care of, just give me a shout!

Steve

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate that! Tomorrow I'm getting a crown at the Dentists, and Kathy and I are getting married right after that, I hope I can still say I Do! I'll try to shoot you an email somewhere in between if I can. If not tomorrow, it'll be soon for sure. Thanks again.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Steve, I really appreciate that! Tomorrow I'm getting a crown at the Dentists, and Kathy and I are getting married right after that, I hope I can still say I Do! I'll try to shoot you an email somewhere in between if I can. If not tomorrow, it'll be soon for sure. Thanks again.

Omg! First your Nox & now you have to get Married!! Bad week my friend. Hope things get better!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming she says yes today, congrats on your wedding! The longer you are married, and this is coming from a guy married for 38 years, the more you realize the truth that "all men marry up".

Haven't run over a detector (yet) but have broken fishing rods in truck doors and bike spokes. If it is true that lessons are learned in direct proportion to the cost of learning them, you won't do this one again.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been together for 9 years now, and today is the anniversary of the day we met. And yes, this was a hard lesson learned. Everything IN the truck, CHECK.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
send it in to minelab service, all 800's are still under warranty.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
send it in to minelab service, all 800's are still under warranty.

Warranty service is for manufacturing defects. What defect caused this machine to be run over?

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Operator error, stupid mistake, bonehead move, dummy, whatever else you can think of that's family friendly. :dontknow: One thing for sure is that it'll not happen again. My new coil is waiting for me on the front porch, so I'll be back to digging soon.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Operator error, stupid mistake, bonehead move, dummy, whatever else you can think of that's family friendly. :dontknow: One thing for sure is that it'll not happen again. My new coil is waiting for me on the front porch, so I'll be back to digging soon.

I half expected you to respond that the defect was a loose nut behind the wheel...my excuse for mishaps automotive.

The good thing about learning from our mistakes is knowing that next time, well, we'll make different mistakes...

Good luck with the new coil!

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coin Hunter, so sorry to hear about your Equinox. Here's hoping the best for you in getting this resolved. Warranty or non warranty issues, bad things sometimes happens.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new coil works perfectly...Thank God! The brass inserts that the screws go into to fasten the control head to the shaft had all pulled out. I epoxied them back in and tested, and they are holding fast. Now I just need to get my new rods from Steve, and I'll be back in business!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you aren't the first and won't be the last to have a moment like that. Most of us have done something similar and try hard not to ever repeat them. the problem is when you get to be forgetful and then it can be anything. I can attest that the sound of crunching when there is not supposed to be can be very heart dropping. and it is almost never cheap either. watched a guy cut a tree down one time, he really should made sure that his truck was elsewhere. Good luck with the "new" setup. Steve will get you set up nicely with the rods

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions