New Equinox Update 2.0 Coming?

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pounded site . The big silver is singing with the new update . MINELAB. update3.jpg

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pounded site . The big silver is singing with the new update . MINELAB. View attachment 1756427

I think it is awesome that you found that huge silver, but I question that the update had anything to do with it. Now... those nickels that you found (posted in the other thread) could be to the update's credit.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I do not know for sure but I do know I have went over that spot for over eight years with a cheap detector a ATP and my deus so many times . My test garden was four ft from it . I know for a fact all those detectors were over that dollar many times . The morgan was at a 45 degree angle in the hole and seven inches deep . Rang up a solid 37 no matter what angle I hit it from . My equinox had to be over it a few times before the update but thinking I hit it so hard there would never be a huge silver there . park 1, 0 GB , tone 5 , sens 22 , sweep speed 6 . Going to try park 2 today but I never have any luck in park 2 .

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I do not know for sure but I do know I have went over that spot for over eight years with a cheap detector a ATP and my deus so many times . My test garden was four ft from it . I know for a fact all those detectors were over that dollar many times . The morgan was at a 45 degree angle in the hole and seven inches deep . Rang up a solid 37 no matter what angle I hit it from . My equinox had to be over it a few times before the update but thinking I hit it so hard there would never be a huge silver there . park 1, 0 GB , tone 5 , sens 22 , sweep speed 6 . Going to try park 2 today but I never have any luck in park 2 .

Actually, trying Park 2, where mid-conductors are supposed to hit harder because of the emphasis on high-frequency signals may be a great idea in conjunction with F2 if you are in an area with both nickels and rusty bottlecaps. I have a couple of places where I should give that a try (I'm almost never out of Park 1 mode).

Aside from the backlight change for the 600, all this update did was to install the optional F2 iron setting. Unless your silver dollar was right next to a chunk of iron that masked it, I don't see how this update could be responsible. When it comes to finding something new in ground that we have been over and over and over again, I suggest somebody take an 8 1/2" piece of paper (your field) and a Sharpie marker (your detector) and try to totally cover that paper with no bits of white showing through, because everywhere you left a speck of white paper is where you could have missed a silver dollar.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, trying Park 2, where mid-conductors are supposed to hit harder because of the emphasis on high-frequency signals may be a great idea in conjunction with F2 if you are in an area with both nickels and rusty bottlecaps. I have a couple of places where I should give that a try (I'm almost never out of Park 1 mode).

Aside from the backlight change for the 600, all this update did was to install the optional F2 iron setting. Unless your silver dollar was right next to a chunk of iron that masked it, I don't see how this update could be responsible. When it comes to finding something new in ground that we have been over and over and over again, I suggest somebody take an 8 1/2" piece of paper (your field) and a Sharpie marker (your detector) and try to totally cover that paper with no bits of white showing through, because everywhere you left a speck of white paper is where you could have missed a silver dollar.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Doesn't take anything away from a great find. But yeah, our coils miss a heckuva lot more ground than we realize, throw in one way signals and odd angles and it can litterally take you years to cover all the ground from all the angles to ensure that you just get your coil over the target, much less hear it, too. Targets are constantly moving in the ground, too, due to root action, burrowing animals, frost heave, water, erosion, plowing, and mowing to name but a few forces. All of these things mean it is highly unlikely that a site is ever hunted out.

Last edited:

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I got an email from Minelab service and said the IT department is working with the download problem.
they also gave me instructions on how to do it the way to do it with Windows 7.
Please try using these steps for running your software updated on Windows 7.

1. Right click on the .exe file for the upgrade tool.

2. Click properties.

3. Click the tab that says ‘compatibility’.

4. Check the box that says run in compatibility mode.

5. Click the ‘apply’ button.

6. Click ‘OK’.

7. Right click on the .exe file.

8. Click ‘run as administrator’.

9. Power on your Equinox.

10. Plug in the Equinox.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you for posting the windows 7 instructions Donut!

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Thank you for posting the windows 7 instructions Donut!
Your welcome. Minelab is working on fixing the download.
I was planning on doing the instructions but I found out a local town library is running Windows 10 so I went there and it went in fine.

Doug

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a lot of factors we do not even realize . Being it was four ft from my test garden and the area bottle necks right there to less than a 4x 6 ft area with a house and a cement walk way it is hard to think I missed such a large target so many times over the last eight years .There is an old fair grounds at the edge of town . You think you have it hunted out and you hit it the next season and pull more silver . Happens to me ever year there . There are some days when you are hitting everything and killing it and then it just shuts off . Then you can swing all day and nothing . Air temp , moisture , time of day ? Who knows

Reminds me of fishing when you hit a school of fish and it is non-stop action and then the next day nothing .What ever the reason , update did nothing or the metal detecting stars aligned, It is my first buck and I found it with my equinox .

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Very true. As I say in my case, Big Beach, Little Coil, Tiny Targets Same principle applies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread