Minelab customer service contact

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i emailed the CS at [email protected] and it bounced back, tried again yesterday and it went thru no response yet. i asked about the shaft wobble (mine was terrible right out of the box so i built a C/F shaft) and unit is touchy with sensitivity. also cant use the upgrade. Would like to hear their reply before i call so will wait till Wensday. Do they replace shafts or have another fix for that? thanks

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they replace the shafts and from what I understand have made some headway so it won't continue to happen. You're probably going to have to send the whole thing back if the sensitivity is giving you a hard time.

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks smokey. planning on sending control head but just wondered about the shaft situation. i dont visit here much anymore due to the spam assault, too bad they cant fix it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a Charter Member, a number of years now. Just $20 a year as I recall.....

I get ZERO spam here = ZERO, period...

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That reminds me, I need to renew my charter membership. I don’t get any spam either.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks smokey. planning on sending control head but just wondered about the shaft situation. i dont visit here much anymore due to the spam assault, too bad they cant fix it.

As a Charter Member I get no spam...

Now, back to the question.... I'm not having any shaft problems, running stock the whole way, pushing two years with the EQ800, no issues whatsoever. Does not mean I do not believe you. I'm thinking ML will take care of your issues = please keep the faith and press on.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might eventually consider buying one of Steve's aftermarket shafts. He's a vendor on this site. I have a few friends who have them and they really like them.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kind words/endorsement, smokey! :)

Steve

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve you like this! But really a few of my friends have your products and said it made a world of difference on their machines. Now when they go with me to my spots all but 1 has now switched to the Deus. :tongue3:

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a good C/F stick but having a factory never used dud rod in the closet is BS. they got back and said to clean coil cover and asked about my N/C and G/B use. no mention about the rod. i still have a email i sent to them a few day's after i first got it. and they didn't have a clue yet about fixing the shaft. so i said i'd wait till they figured it out then send it. Cleaned coil factory reset, G?B on zero< G/B manual, N/C at every change but still doesn't preform well (ID is off too) and over sensitive. Never tried the upgrade but it sucked the 4 other times so not wasting anymore time on it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our metal detectors are getting to be like modern cars. One little thing goes wrong, and the dealer has it weeks. On the new cars, all those backup cameras, automatic braking, when that stuff breaks out of warranty it will be our financial bloodbath! And those are not considered "drive train" components.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i emailed the CS at [email protected] and it bounced back, tried again yesterday and it went thru no response yet. i asked about the shaft wobble (mine was terrible right out of the box so i built a C/F shaft) and unit is touchy with sensitivity. also cant use the upgrade. Would like to hear their reply before i call so will wait till Wensday. Do they replace shafts or have another fix for that? thanks

What mode(s) are you using? What sensitivity? Not a location problem? (you've tried other search areas and it's the same problem?) Stock 11" coil?

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same old places, in the rural areas i have to drop sensitivity to around 18, in my yard went from 22 to 16. But i just plugged into minelab update to see which version i had and they have a new one. 2112 and it is picking out a couple deep silvers that never heard in my yard in a looong time, dig tomorrow!

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve you like this! But really a few of my friends have your products and said it made a world of difference on their machines. Now when they go with me to my spots all but 1 has now switched to the Deus. :tongue3:

smokey --

I guess it didn't make enough of a difference then, as they have now switched machines... :dontknow:

But I am glad to have helped, while they were using the Equinox!

Steve

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after trying the new update it is still pinballing unless sensitivity is under 18. Good news is minelab sent shipping order and only need to send coil and control pod. And will send new shaft when they return it, happy about that.

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fast turn around, 6 days including the weekend. Sent me a new coil but not sure if they did anything else, no note. Only checked it in the yard, but it might be better. If i manual G/B and sensitivity at 18-20 in runs stable. Didn't get a new shaft. the email said just send control and coil but I'm sure i should have sent the shaft too. Miscommunication, will get back to them on that. Was a easy process, happy so far.

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 800 was one of the first ones sold. The early Nox's suffered from the wobbly shaft problem. I contacted Jamie (no longer with Minelab now), gave her my serial number and she sent new shaft sections right away. I did not have to send my shaft parts in, only had to provide serial number. New shaft parts are solid, no wobble.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Spam? I'm yet another that has been here for several years but has yet to experience one single spam that could remotely be due to this site.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he's referring to the relentless pop up ads that make everything jump around.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a browser-based pop up blocker, works great and Tnet doesn't seem to mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions