FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Initially, I saw no difference in the Fe menus of my 800 after installing 2.0. But then I figured it out. I'll test both my 800s on the beach this weekend.

That would be great, ColonelDan. I actually target iron artifacts at the beach and wonder if this will be helpful or detrimental to an iron hunter. Also wonder besides the light and Fe2 are there any other changes with this update.

Thanks for the field test sir!

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
needs a tower or very big space laptop.
cjc

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
needs a tower or very big space laptop.
cjc

Huh. My 6+ year old Asus laptop was more than adequate. I do have 12GB of RAM installed (I think 8 was what it came with, I added 4 GB because I could barely run Firefox with 8 anymore)

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I have been having problems doing the upgrade. So I called Minelab support and they are working with web download not working. Will not check or go to the upgrade.
also the website says windows 10 however about three weeks ago I checked my unit for what what version I had and it worked and that was on windows 7. So I am confused.
they also said they are working on the problem and will notify by email when they have the problem solved.
when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been having problems doing the upgrade. So I called Minelab support and they are working with web download not working. Will not check or go to the upgrade.
also the website says windows 10 however about three weeks ago I checked my unit for what what version I had and it worked and that was on windows 7. So I am confused.
they also said they are working on the problem and will notify by email when they have the problem solved.
when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.

The new updater is functioning differently than the old. The old one, you downloaded and it then installed itself to your computer and gave you an icon to click on to run it. The new one, you click on the link and it just downloads a running file. You click it and it opens. It doesnt install or give you anything to click on later.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
The new updater is functioning differently than the old. The old one, you downloaded and it then installed itself to your computer and gave you an icon to click on to run it. The new one, you click on the link and it just downloads a running file. You click it and it opens. It doesnt install or give you anything to click on later.
I tried that. I clicked on open then start and black Panel pops up and says to connect detector and turn on. Ve don’t that at least 20+ times but nothing happens. I just talked to Minelab support and they are working on the problem. I’ve been running computers for over 35 years so I’m pretty sure I’m doing it right.

Doug

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried that. I clicked on open then start and black Panel pops up and says to connect detector and turn on. Ve don’t that at least 20+ times but nothing happens. I just talked to Minelab support and they are working on the problem. I’ve been running computers for over 35 years so I’m pretty sure I’m doing it right.

Doug

Do you have the old update still installed? It sounds like your computer isnt seeing the detector. If you have the old software, run it and see if THAT interrogates the detector. Maybe you have a broken wire in your cable, so its still letting it charge but not functioning as data transfer.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Do you have the old update still installed? It sounds like your computer isnt seeing the detector. If you have the old software, run it and see if THAT interrogates the detector. Maybe you have a broken wire in your cable, so its still letting it charge but not functioning as data transfer.
Tried five computers , last one first time only went threw the sequence only once. And nothing happened when got to the point to connect the detector and turn on. It would not recognize it.

Last edited:

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I cleared all programs, changed to second cable i had. The computer acknowledges when I plug it in or unplug it. You

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update worked great for me whole process took about 2 minutes. Open the minelab utility from their website. Connect detector. Power on and update starts automatically. Once finished it says please disconnect detector and off you go! Can't wait to try it out in some parks tomorrow!

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just save the updater to your desktop, and then use it whenever you need it. Just have to make sure that you're connected to the internet when you use it.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Did you already have the detector on when you connected the usb or turned it on after connecting the usb

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you already have the detector on when you connected the usb or turned it on after connecting the usb

I turn it on afterwards. Pretty much always hook electronics up to my computer that way.

Opened updater
Connect detector
Turn detector on

You can also download, and save the update, itself, then update the detector while offline.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My detector was already connected and on when I ran the updater, but ONLY because I started out trying to run the old software. I assumed the software would have been the same and simply acted as any other online updates work. When it wouldnt show the new firmware version, I went to the ML website and downloaded the new updater, but my equinox was still connected and on. The new updater immediately recognized it and told me a new version was available.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Ok thanks , I’ve tried every way . I went exactly like the instructions says and it says in the black panel connect detector and turn on and nothing happens. Just sits there.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks , I’ve tried every way . I went exactly like the instructions says and it says in the black panel connect detector and turn on and nothing happens. Just sits there.

The only thing I can think of to try would be to do a factory reset on your detector. If that dont fix it, you probably need to send it in. Sounds like a wire isnt connected.

Youve tried multiple computers, so thats not an issue. multiple cables, so thats not LIKELY it.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I wish I could find someone close to me that has done it .
i getting fed up trying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions