ML Equinox update v2 is here

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
The only thing I can think of to try would be to do a factory reset on your detector. If that dont fix it, you probably need to send it in. Sounds like a wire isnt connected.

Youve tried multiple computers, so thats not an issue. multiple cables, so thats not LIKELY it.
I’ll try the factory reset. And if that doesn't work I might try having the detector on when it asks me to connect to detector.
with so many out there I’m wondering if anyone has done it with Windows 7. Very few out there are running Windows 10.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Does your computer recognize the detector? Maybe try a different USB port if available?
Tried two computers here one at my brothers them went to local library and tried theirs

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to right click and go into administrative mode off the down load screen with windows seven, will try to figure just what i did and get back to you, ok when screen doesn't respond but looks like it loading i clicked on the screen (maybe double clicked) and a small box popped up with a few options. one was would you like to search for solutions? clicked that and followed thru and it works.

Last edited:

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question? If I am using the new F2 setting, is it also using the original FE setting? Not sure if i worded that right.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Question? If I am using the new F2 setting, is it also using the original FE setting? Not sure if i worded that right.
From what I’ve read you have both. When you are in iron bias mode you can toggle between them with the add/reject button.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You select one or the other, only the last one you activated by using the add/reject button and adjusted is the one in play while detecting, not both.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You either run with the FE (old mode) settings or with the F2 settings. Never both at once.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My update said it is version 2.1.12, is this correct? And how do you toggle between FE and F2? The accept/reject button does not tell me if I'm in either mode?

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured it out, thanks. A long press on the setting button while on "recovery speed".

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Figured it out, thanks. A long press on the setting button while on "recovery speed".
Thats how to get to iron mask setting FE then you press select/unselect button to switch between FE and F2 I believe.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone played with recovery with FE2 at 6 yet? Ill be playing bright and early Sat but yet to see anything on YT. FE2@6 looks great for Iron and caps but really wonder about its unmasking ability. If it can still unmask at this setting and get rid of iron and caps then it is a new machine.. another game changing machine at that. I have had most machine and have yet to see this with bottle caps. My Deus is really good at iron but sucks at caps. I installed the update late last night and WOW that FE2 @ 6 is awesome. Instead of hunting Sat i will be testing it out in the yard.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I think it did a pretty fair job even before the update. I dug a mercury dime that was INSIDE of a rusty crown cap. It gave a crappy signal, but had enough of a squeak for me to dig it. I'll be out at the "hunted out old park" this weekend to check out the new update, as well as my new rods that Steve sold me. Look forward to it! The update was a snap BTW, 2-3 minutes tops.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My update said it is version 2.1.12, is this correct? And how do you toggle between FE and F2? The accept/reject button does not tell me if I'm in either mode?

Yes, 2.1.12 is correct.

How to toggle between them:

Adjusting Iron Bias
1. Use the Settings button to navigate to Recovery Speed in the
Settings Menu.
2. Press and hold the Settings button for 2 seconds. A line will
appear beneath the Recovery Speed icon, indicating you have
selected the Iron Bias setting, and either 'FE' or 'F2' will appear
on the Frequency Display.
3. Press the Accept/Reject button to toggle between Iron Bias FE
and Iron Bias F2.
4. Press the Minus (–) and Plus (+) buttons to decrease or increase
the Iron Bias FE or F2. Adjustments are automatically saved.
5. A long press of the Settings button will return you to the
Recovery Speed setting.
Note: the last selected Iron Bias mode (FE or F2) when exiting settings
will be the active Iron Bias mode.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
What happens if you use F 2 in discrimination mode in park 1. Like many here will try/and do.

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I tried doing the update and it would only show the first version of the update as available. I downloaded the newest version of the update utility and it worked perfect.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I tried doing the update and it would only show the first version of the update as available. I downloaded the newest version of the update utility and it worked perfect.
What update dose it say you have. If you already have the 2.1 it may be showing that you could go back to an older version. I don’t know why anyone would want to do that though.

i just trying to figure out what is happening.

Doug

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It shows i now have the 2.1 software update. The update worked fine after I updated the * Minelab Utility * updater. Then I was able to update to the newest detector update. I'm talking about two separate updates here. One for the utility program update and one for the detector software update.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread