How is your update going ?

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first buck and the 1842 half penny and one merc dime came from a pounded site I have went over with an ATP and my deus and the equinox many many many times , So much I can not find a target to dig . After doing the update I went back and I sure and glad I did .The rest came from a new permission . update.jpg update1.jpg update3.jpg update4.jpg update5.jpg update6.jpg update7.jpg update8.jpg

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Can i come with you...me and my Deus, to some of these sites with ya?

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing with us.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves!! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I took mine into some iron today and I don't see anything earth shattering after updating.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I took mine into some iron today and I don't see anything earth shattering after updating.

Interesting observation. Can you point to where ML said the update would be earth shattering?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you point me to where I stated that Minelab claimed that? Relax pal.

why do you think I'm not "relaxed"? You stated the update wasnt "earth shattering" Soooo, therefor SOMEBODY must have said it, right? Since ML is the only place to put out anything about the upgrade, where else did it come from? Or are you saying it doesnt live up to someones rumor? Or maybe it just doesnt live up to the hype you thought it should have?

Just trying to work out the cause for your grief in your previous post.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why do you think I'm not "relaxed"? You stated the update wasnt "earth shattering" Soooo, therefor SOMEBODY must have said it, right? Since ML is the only place to put out anything about the upgrade, where else did it come from? Or are you saying it doesnt live up to someones rumor? Or maybe it just doesnt live up to the hype you thought it should have?

Nah, no grief. I simply uploaded the update, ran through a spot I have hit previously that is heavy with iron and it seemed like the same machine. I can only report my feelings about what I experienced and I don't think it does much at all. Sorry my wording wasn't up to your standards I'll sure try harder next time. HH

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far, I would have to agree with you. But really, it is a very difficult thing to test, since each and every target we dig is unique. We can set up artificial test scenarios, but that's just what those are... artificial. I'm trusting Minelab, especially since I noticed that they made F2=6 the default on every program. FE=6 was only the default on two of them. They seem to believe they have something.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

FYI, I found your post to be a bit out of line, bud. Minelab is claiming that it is a significant improvement, and the way that I read what HighVDI was saying is that he didn't think that it was all that significant. Why do you see a problem with that?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its really not the machine. It's the conditions and your skills. Ground moisture, lack thereof, soil temperature, swing speed, air humidity, grass or foliage height, distance of the coil off the ground, iron or other mineralization of the ground. SOMETIMES the FREQUENCY of a different machine will make a difference, but I have gone behind myself repeatedly on some sites I have all to myself and have found very nice items. Sometimes it's even a matter of the "tilt" of the coil over the ground.

This is a very repeatable thing.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far, I would have to agree with you. But really, it is a very difficult thing to test, since each and every target we dig is unique. We can set up artificial test scenarios, but that's just what those are... artificial. I'm trusting Minelab, especially since I noticed that they made F2=6 the default on every program. FE=6 was only the default on two of them. They seem to believe they have something.

Thats a good point. Plus I figured....there has to be more to this than we even know yet. For instance, use F2 such and such in this condition or that ect. I have a general grasp of the idea thanks to a forum member but it will for sure be a learning process!

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
First I think Minelab knows what they are doing.
we all have to learn the upgrade. However that is a learning curve and everything here is probably doing it different. We are all trying different setting and some may work and some may not. Everyone here is learning every time we turn our detectors on the condition are changing and what works for you may not work for me a thousand miles away.
Heck I went out today for 6hrs trying to learn the new upgrade and ended up with a tone of bottle caps and clad and older nickels, quarters Abdul dimes. Over a $1 worth of change.
Thats why we have boards like this so we all can have fun and learn. But when someone says something like (I set it like this) may not work in everyone’s different conditions. And you have to be in the right place and time. So just have fun with it.
Doug

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mind your Mother....

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Everybody read the second and third sentences and the first three words of the fourth sentence 100 times and then tattoo them on the insides of your eyelids. I think we collectively are aware of this, but the only measure we have of performance is the end result...what did we dig and why. Along with every target being individual in nature, WE are all individual in nature as well. That’s a lot of possible outcomes, and I think ML has done well to give us the tools to excel across the board. I haven’t done the update yet because I can’t find our computer mouse, but I’ll check it out when I can. Till then, the message to take away is...no matter how good the tech, there are never any “absolutes” in this thing.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
IDXMonster,
check your local library. Small library’s may still be running W7 and larger ones may have W10.
thats what I had to do. With W 10 it shows your present update with the option to upgrade to the newest , pretty easy.

Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread