Minelab 2.0 Success

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I hit an old area today hard 6hrs with Park 1 and the 6 in and tried FE and F2. And in and out of AM. F2 and
the area was sod over gravel so nothing was deep. I got a bunch of crown cap even with F2 but one thing I discovered was the 6” was too hot and I had to lower it down to 15 and below to calm it down. There are times that both the 6” and the 10” are just too hot for the shallow finds I had. All this is just what I ran into today.

Doug

OP
OP
Acejeckel

Acejeckel

Jul 18, 2009
Just Outside Detroit
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, DFX, M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit an old area today hard 6hrs with Park 1 and the 6 in and tried FE and F2. And in and out of AM. F2 and
the area was sod over gravel so nothing was deep. I got a bunch of crown cap even with F2 but one thing I discovered was the 6” was too hot and I had to lower it down to 15 and below to calm it down. There are times that both the 6” and the 10” are just too hot for the shallow finds I had. All this is just what I ran into today.

Doug

Yeah that's what I run Park 1, F2 @ 6 and all metal I have only used this with the 11in coil.

In my case I know most of the old coins and such for the park I'm hunting are 6"+ deep, that's because the area has been back filled. So I have to get passed the junk that is masking the good targets. And the settings I'm running are working for me, all detecting conditions are going to vary imo. What works for me might not work for others and so on.

I only had 1 iron cap hit a soild signal and it was laying on top of the ground. The crown caps that are buried where I'm hunting will jump all over and wont hit a soild signal, but as stated I'm running in all metal as the F2 update was designed to do so I'm also hearing a null with the numbers jumping all over.

Last edited:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressed with the update. F2 @ 6 has me digging allot less colonial iron and bc’s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread