Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know that a lot of you have down loaded or will be down loading the newest update for the Nox. But there seems to be a number of Youtube videos showing how it can do away with molted or aluminum blobs and caps. it appears that one of them was using F2 9. I know that for every gain there is usually a loss of some sort, others can explain that. if this was or is, sorry and remove. I know that those blobs drive us all nuts at times.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of gold hides as melted blobs of aluminum...oh oh!

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a good video on youtube which shows how the 2.0 update is making bottlecaps sound like crap, which is obviously a good thing.....but even better, he places a gold ring touching the bottle cap and the Equinox makes that sweet awesome good target sound...mmmmm...nice!

Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a video showing the new update on ALUMINIUM, bottlecaps and gold.

I think you will l;ike it!

Matt

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the update but I havent done any testing like that. I will say it seems interesting and I will have to pull out my smallest pieces of gold and do some testing. One thing he couldnt show was depth comparison so I'm curious about testing that aspect to see if anything changes there with changing F2 settings.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Watched a video by gigmaster that did air tests from F2 0 to F2 9. using F2 9, targets like bottle caps would read (-) up to around 10" deep and then read high again. in fact several targets did the same thing. in one test, a silver dime with 3 screws around it, F2 9 did very miserable. F2 0 did much better. The F2 9 actually did a little better on depth in one test. kind of like some things like bottle caps reading lousy at shallower depths but then back to normal readings. can of worms?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread