Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, given I have found a number of 1800's relics on our property (17 acres that is located where a town was moved in late 1890) I decided to hunt this afternoon. It's beautiful here right now, just around the low 70's for a daytime high. I left the door open along with most of the windows to let some needed fresh air in. I'm swinging, no headphones as it's a lunch time hunt and my property so not bugging anyone, and I see my 6 month old kitten in the upstairs window watching me. Next thing I know my aunts dog (she lives on an adjacent property and he's super cat friendly) runs in through the door I left open (I have one of those hip magnetic bug screens). Next thing I see? Cat jumps through the screen, which hit my car, then takes off into the woods. I think "Really!! I finally have a nice weather, non-rainy day to hunt and this sh*t happens!" So to make a long story short, the idiot ran up a tree, and with minimal, yet painful injury, I'm alive after rescuing him. I put him inside, closed up everything, spoke a lot of "chosen" words, then continued hunting. I found 2 round balls, a few era J-Hooks (I find a ton of those here) as well as a 4-Ringer which is not only my second to find but believe to be either from the Indian Wars or passed on after and used for hunting. Regardless, a seriously eventful day! Yes, Mac (Macintosh) is ok! I named him Mac because his adopted father is "Nugget" so he's currently a Mac Nugget; however, he will become a Big Mac. Cheesy? Sure. Cute? Admit it!

OP
OP
W

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just as I side note I haven't updated my nox to the new version but plan to this weekend. I guess that $25 I paid kinkos to print a kick *ss version of the manual is now biting me as I assumed it probably would. Errata I guess! I'll have them print the changes and see if I can get them into the back spiral binding ;)

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill,

OUTSTANDING storytelling! I loved that, and could picture exactly what happened! And, excellent job on the finds, as well! It's so cool that you have a property, with that kind of age, that you can simply walk out your back door and make cool finds. I'd LOVE to have that be the case where I live!

Sorry about your wasted $25, and whatever injury you sustained on account of your kitten! LOL!

Steve

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The update does not negate the manual, the manual is still the same except for the new F2.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, other than the instructions on how to invoke F2, I am not even sure they explain it properly for the 600 users and certainly do not attempt to show how F2m 0 through 9 compares to FE, 0 through 9 so realky are not missing much by using the old version of the manual.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions