Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually I had tried numerous times with the previous up date with no success. But that was due to my using Windows 7, finally got my wife's Notebook with Windows 10 to do it . The only thing that I could see right off the bat was the back light thing and I do like that. I did run out to do a very short hunt, about 30 minutes in a trashy area with my 600 and the 6" coil. I usually hunt in Park 2 and did so again. Was quickly reminded as to how slow you have to swing and go with the 6" coil but was finding all kinds of signals. I did manage a couple of memorials and some other odds and ends trash. I found what I originally thought was a dog tag (for real dog) but later turned out to be a cool local token (on Todays finds). Don't know what difference the down load did in such a short hunt but just to find two more memorials in this heavily hunted spot was pretty nice. The up dates make me wonder if the 600 could be up dated to the same as the 800 to some degree in some areas. at any rate, still very happy with the 600. Jerry

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jerry,

Sounds like you "hit it off" fairly well, with the new update. I agree with you...this is a very FAST machine, but -- paradoxically -- sweeping your coil SLOW SLOW SLOW, especially when in heavy trash, is absolutely a key requirement, with the Equinox...

Steve

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I won't be updating mine = I still run Windows 7 and absolutely refuse to update = like it just fine like it is, don't need no trouble.....

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was checking the machine out a little more so and found that I couldn't do several things but it all cleared up with a factory reset. so, just took an Aleave and going to try it out again on another short trip.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The iron disc on the new update is excellent. Quiets it down but still falsing on large iron. Also lost all depth with my custom settings so went back to factory reset and could get 14 inches on a coin easliy. Anyone else loose depth?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still dug big rusty old nails and other rusty iron things, a few who knows what and a crumpled thimble that I manage to get back into a usable stage. Just doing the factory reset should still have the download, right? after my reset, I still had F2 but it was working more correctly. I did dig a very good sounding pull tab at depth that also had a high VID number, I was very surprised to see it and rescanned the hole and plug but there was nothing else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread