Say it aint so Joe, Vanquish coils NOT compatible with Nox
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Say it aint so Joe, Vanquish coils NOT compatible with Nox

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    3938 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Say it ain't so Joe, Vanquish coils NOT compatible with Nox

Well guys, it is about five days since I e-mailed Minelab USA customer service asking if the Vanquish coils will work on the Nox. Today I recieved a reply from Debbie S at Minelab USA and to my dismay and chagrin she stated positively that the Vanquish 8X5 coil will NOT be compatible with the Equinox. She also stated that Minelab's engineers were aware that there was a public demand for an 8" coil for the Nox but there were still no plans to make us one. BUMMER!!
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30342 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    What can be said? They is them and we is us.

us
    dirt sniffer

Apr 2017
    iowa
    Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
    609 times
    foiled again by the fickle finger of fate, AKA Minelab

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32634 times
    No profit in making Vanquish and Equinox coils compatible.
    Toecutter likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7377 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsil View Post
    Well guys, it is about five days since I e-mailed Minelab USA customer service asking if the Vanquish coils will work on the Nox. Today I recieved a reply from Debbie S at Minelab USA and to my dismay and chagrin she stated positively that the Vanquish 8X5 coil will NOT be compatible with the Equinox. She also stated that Minelab's engineers were aware that there was a public demand for an 8" coil for the Nox but there were still no plans to make us one. BUMMER!!
    Boo! It is especially disappointing when they acknowledge that there is a demand for it. I don't think cost is the issue because once they sunk the cost into developing the Vanquish coil mold, that is like 80 to 90% of the cost of a coil. So even if the Vanquish V8 coil is not compatible, it is basically peanuts to make a compatible coil for Equinox once the 8x5 mold has been established. Interesting and disappointing.

Why did she not explicitly mention compatibility of the V10 or V12 Vanquish coils?
    Last edited by vferrari; Oct 22, 2019 at 09:51 PM.
    Iffy Signals and sandmartin like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    30342 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Arrogance. The old "who cares" syndrome.

us
    Dec 2012
    3938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Boo! It is especially disappointing when they acknowledge that there is a demand for it. I don't think cost is the issue because once they sunk the cost into developing the Vanquish coil mold, that is like 80 to 90% of the cost of a coil. So even if the Vanquish V8 coil is not compatible, it is basically peanuts to make a compatible coil for Equinox once the 8x5 mold has been established. Interesting and disappointing.

Why did she not explicitly mention compatibility of the V10 or V12 Vanquish coils?
    Well I suppose it's my fault she didn't say anything about the V10 or V12 since I asked if the 8" coil would be compatible with the Nox without mentioning the other sizes.

us
    Jun 2011
    Milford, Ohio
    Minelab Etrac, Garrett AT Pro Garrett AT Max Minelab Equinox 800
    134 times
    Metal Detecting
    HUMM!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    30342 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yeah, humm. Minelab decided not to make an 8" coil for the Equinox.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    8964 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    No profit in making Vanquish and Equinox coils compatible.

BS! Selling a coil is selling a coil. It doesnt matter if they are selling 10 EQX coils and 10 V coils, or just selling 20 V coils. The ability to cross-employ a bit of equipment just saves on manufacturing costs.
    Owassokie likes this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

us
    Dec 2012
    3938 times
    Here's Deb's reply verbatum.

"Thank you for your inquiry. The Vanquish 5x8 coil will not be compatible with the Equinox units. We do realize that there is a market for a similar coil for Equinox, and those requests have been sent to the Engineering team. At this time, there are no plans for additional coils, but with that said, that doesn't mean that in the future there will be one offered by Minelab or a 3rd party company."

I think she meant " that doesn't mean that in the future there won't one offered by Minelab or a 3rd party company".

Maybe reading between the lines one can infer that they will allow other companies like Coiltec to make EQX coils?

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    8964 times
    LOL, Minelab will let anybody make aftermarket coils, but they are going to pay ML $$$$$ for each one of those signal conversion chips! Thats why nobody besides ML's sister company Coiltek has produced anything since the "smart coil" was introduced with the CTX.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32634 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    BS! Selling a coil is selling a coil. It doesnt matter if they are selling 10 EQX coils and 10 V coils, or just selling 20 V coils. The ability to cross-employ a bit of equipment just saves on manufacturing costs.
    It's not BS, if someone buys the Vanquish and they also own a Nox they lose potential coil sales for the Nox if they were compatible. If it was a matter of just saving manufacturing cost then why aren't they compatible?
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    8964 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    It's not BS, if someone buys the Vanquish and they also own a Nox they lose potential coil sales for the Nox if they were compatible. If it was a matter of just saving manufacturing cost then why aren't they compatible?
    You cant lose a potential sale for a coil you never manufacture. For the last 7 or 8 years, ML hasnt produced any extra "smart" coils. They are clearly producing the coils sizes people want for the Vanquish, it would only make sense if they made those avail for the EQX too. I dont see a ton of people who currently own an EQX running our to buy an intro-market detector just for the coil. I could see a ton of EQX swingers running out to by V coils as accessories if they were available.
    sandmartin and Owassokie like this.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

bug

Jun 2008
    Nor Cal
    347 times
    Minelab wants you to buy detectors not just coils. Same reason they dont sell small coils for the gpx7000. They want you to buy a sdc2300 if you need a small coil option. Minelab doesnt exist to save us money unfortunately. They are very calculated business people.
    Last edited by bug; Oct 23, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links