Equinox After market Shaft - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Equinox After market Shaft

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2015
    North Georgia
    MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
    770 times
    Metal Detecting
    Steve's Detector Rods, home of Equinox and CTX 3030 carbon-fiber shafts and rods

First off, doing business with Steve is an absolute pleasure. I had such a great conversation with him about his products and what I was looking for. Very informative, absolutely no hard sell whatsoever.

Most importantly, Steve’s products are of superior design, workmanship and materials. I purchased the full shaft and counterweight system. I also purchased a Herkle arm cuff also. Delivery was ultra quick and the shaft, counterweight and cuff are more than what I was hoping for.

Steve obviously loves this hobby and knows way more about than I do, it shows in his work!! Pull the trigger, you’ll thank me later.

Semper Fi,
    Ed
    sgoss66 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (Callsign: Chaos), United States Marine Corps (Retired)

Semper Fidelis !!!!!

us
    Ye Olde Pirate

Jan 2015
    Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
    Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250 Deteknix X pointer Garrett pin pointer
    169 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    ok after I did a good bit of searching I found the rod/ shaft I need is sold by Some fellow by the name of "steve" we had a few email exchanges and a phone call, all is well!,, I think those of you who have posted suggestions might want to look into this guy Steve ! hahahaha,, I have been inducted into the Steve Army !,,, Thanks for all the help
    vferrari, sgoss66 and wallrat_1975 like this.
    Keep Seeking The Treasure Because It Won't Seek You!

us
    Jan 2010
    Coloma, Michigan
    Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
    100 times
    I went threw Steve also. He helped me out greatly and his carbon fiber rods are amazing on quality and he worked with me so my setup is what I needed. With the lighter rod and adding the counter weight my time aloud me to guessing triple my time out detecting. It took the strain and stress on my wrist, arm and shoulder. I’m 71 and where I was detecting for about three hours went to 6-8 hrs out. with Steve’s carbon fiber shafts you only have two shafts not three to wobble. With the cam lock it’s not affected with sand, you have no pin to mess with and you can adjust the length to any length you want. Also the carbon fiber looks sharp.

Your Friend; Doug
    sgoss66 likes this.
    Coloma, Michigan, South West lower Michigan.Just east of St,
    Joseph Mi, 12 miles

Equinox 800 11, 6 coil
    Steve’s Carbon fiber shaft with counter weight.
    Xterra 70

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2124 times
    I overcame the imbalance of the Nox 800 by accident. My arm cuff would not line up for the screw so I zip tied it. But offset the bottom to use as a stand. It was just enough to counter weight the machine.
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    947 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thank you all so much! I appreciate each one of you, and your comments! I have such terrific customers -- friends! I'm blessed!

captbo -- it was a pleasure speaking with you today; you are a fine gentleman! Your new, green shaft will be in the mail tomorrow!

Thank you all!

Steve
    captbo likes this.

gb
    Paul Martin

Feb 2015
    Scarborough, England
    Minelab Equinox 800, home made carbon fibre shaft, XP MI-4 Pointer
    224 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Following on from my previous post here I'd just like to add even though I made my own shaft I would have bought one of Steve's. It was only due to the extra cost of shipping over the pond that I didn't. The quality and finish is excellent. Again I would recommend having the counter weight, it makes a big difference.
    sgoss66 likes this.

us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1633 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by wallrat_1975 View Post
    I have one of Steve's rods and 2 extra lower shafts for the other coils. They are awesome! Btw, if you decide to order the counterbalance inquire about the shorter version. I opted for it and have used other's who have the full length and, at least for me, I chose wisely (Indiana Jones reference there). Steve is a great guy and will take care of you!

-Bill
    Why the shorter counterbalance, Bill?
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast Of Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil 3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920
    1767 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Steve I would like to see you take a shot at making an Excalibur II carbon fiber shaft. Anyone else? I’d love to see a shaft with no holes that use your clamp design.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    947 times
    Metal Detecting
    THANKS again, everyone! You all are terrific! I am very blessed!

slider66 -- ha, funny you should ask. It's happening as we speak. A prototype has been designed, and is going to be complete shortly. The biggest hurdle is that I don't HAVE an Excal, and so I need to to get one "in hand" to note the locations of the mounting bolts/screw holes for the control box (and for the spring clip, that clips the battery pod on). The customer I'm building the prototype for, is going to drill his own mounting holes, which works out well in
    this
    case, but obviously, that still leaves me unsure of the exact hole locations. In order to offer the Excal shafts more "broadly," for those who want the holes pre-drilled, but I need an Excal in-hand to nail down those details/measurements. All other parts, and all other design details, are completed. In fact, I already built a Sovereign shaft for a customer who hip mounts his control box, and the Sov and Excal use the same lower rod...

If you are interested, slider, send me a PM, or email me at
    steve@stevesdetectorrods.com
    . I can talk to you about the Excal design that I've come up with, and any "custom" ideas you might want to discuss...

THANKS!

Steve
    Last edited by sgoss66; Nov 12, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast Of Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil 3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920
    1767 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I would suggest you avoid spring clips and use plastic bolts. That is what I use they work great and don’t rust. I am also not a fan of plastic clips either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0129.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	1770796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	1770795
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    947 times
    Metal Detecting
    Slider,

I appreciate that Excal advice; I'd like to chat with you. Sending you PM...

Steve

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    13035 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    The real secret with Steve's rod is quite simple. quality sells itself. Then happy customers do the rest as they obviously have and are doing. Then you throw in the fact that he seems more than willing to work with people even on special needs and even more happy people. To those that don't need the lighter shafts or the counter weights, keep swinging and be happy but to a lot of us, our shoulders, arms, wrists and backs aren't what they used to be and this is a great option to keep swinging and swinging longer.
    sgoss66 likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Jan 2010
    Coloma, Michigan
    Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
    100 times
    I agree with dirtlooters. At first when I got mine in mid summer I was skeptical but guaranteed not now it helped me a lot with not having that off balances coil on the end. That only makes common cense.
    I thought the NOX was great out of the box but after making the change to Steve’s shaft and counting weight it changed my mind completely.
    I do not recommend using the counter weight in water because it counterweights so good i couldn’t keep the coil on the bottom with the waves but as soon as I came back in the beach I just screwed the counter weight on and kept going.
    the counter weight makes that much difference.

Doug
    sgoss66 likes this.
    Coloma, Michigan, South West lower Michigan.Just east of St,
    Joseph Mi, 12 miles

Equinox 800 11, 6 coil
    Steve’s Carbon fiber shaft with counter weight.
    Xterra 70

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    947 times
    Metal Detecting
    dirtlooter and Donut -- THANK you both! It is so gratifying to hear so many of you being happy with your shafts! Truly gratifying!

Steve

Feb 2017
    1043 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Steve’s rods with the counter balance is superb quality. Love it.
    sgoss66 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links