Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since the up date, have had higher numbers on many things. Dug about 20 various aluminum bottle caps today, from 18 to 29. most were mashed but still round. dug one memorial, two shotgun headstamps, 380 brass, wire and other assorted trash. The memorial was a 30 reading. I was using Park 2. kind of thinking about going back to original setting. Pull tabs and pull rings can be from 11 to 24, according if pieces or whole. And I still dig rusty bottle caps, mainly because I don't the time to double check most of the time. I just forget to.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least you're getting out and getting some exercise! I dig a lot of flattened wine caps too, they are usually 23-24 around here.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the up date, have had higher numbers on many things. Dug about 20 various aluminum bottle caps today, from 18 to 29. most were mashed but still round. dug one memorial, two shotgun headstamps, 380 brass, wire and other assorted trash. The memorial was a 30 reading. I was using Park 2. kind of thinking about going back to original setting. Pull tabs and pull rings can be from 11 to 24, according if pieces or whole. And I still dig rusty bottle caps, mainly because I don't the time to double check most of the time. I just forget to.
Are you using all metal mode? If not, F2 doesn't seem to make any difference. At least that's what I found on the beach. I think that is because the iron grunt is nulled out when not in all metal.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my local park the aluminum caps normally read 23-24, but sometimes those pesky caps can bounce up to 27-28 when deep and flattened. If I do a "Double D Wiggle" on them, they will usually give a "warbling" kind of a sound (I hunt in 50 tones, which I believe enhances this sound). I still get fooled by them occasionally, but I dig them anyway in the event something is hiding beneath them. FYI beavertails ringing in at 13 will also warble when wiggled...LOL.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dug a Rosie today, came in at 27, was not expecting a silver dime at all since memorials were 30-31 with the new update. dug a lot of great sounding trash

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dig all 9-14 18-40 signals. That only eliminates the pull tabs and alot of the caps. But I do dig some trash. A lot of wierd jewelry comes up this way

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread