Park Question

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps you are right, as I dont know the exact source of the information posted, but it sounds like you dont either. We are both making assumptions. Since there is no information about the media the signal is passing through we can only guess. There is also no indication of detection distance for each scenario. Is it bad = 4" good = 8 and best = 12"?? Or is it bad = 9.45, good = 9.67 and best = 9.70?

The only thing we can truly KNOW is what has been long established fact; low freq is better for high conductors like silver, and high freq is better for log conductors like gold

You quoted my text when I was referring to the first document,.....

Which is known to be from George Paine.

Then you jumped to the second document, who I still have to find out, or remember is from who.

That document has four grades, "Best + , Best , Better , and Good"

And the list reflects what we already know pretty much, just from experience.

I'll call Allen Cannon and ask him if he knows. And there are a couple of others that may know.

But, it's not from some guy who fell off the back of a vegetable wagon.

OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just found this VERY interesting video...visual representation of what I've experienced everyday in the field.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found this VERY interesting video...visual representation of what I've experienced everyday in the field.

Thats a very interesting video. I was surprised at just how much the noise cancel settings will shift the frequency. what I didnt see in the video was the multi reading for the different modes. Just because one mode has 7.7 as the most prominent freq, doesnt mean that the other modes are the same. In fact, ML has said they are all different. I am curious to see how they change. Supposedly the beach1 has the lowest weighted spread.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shifting the frequency channel is the whole point of the noise cancel algorithm, the overall frequency profile remains relatively unchanged in regards to the most heavily weighted frequencies in the profile spectrum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread