Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Minelab. I've tried a few different ones with my 800 and no problems. They should be able to help you.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain exactly the procedure you used. Maybe we can find what you did wrong.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to ensure that your headphones are in the “pairing mode. And “if you turn on your new Bluetooth headphones, they are not necessarily in pairing mode. Sometimes I have to hold the power button for five Mississippi when you turn it on and then the headphones will turn on, and then the headphones will exclaim quote ready to pair and “

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without being there, we cant see if the problem is with the detector or if there is an error in your attempts to pair.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is your remote WM08 turned on, if so BT headphones will never pair.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MidTN

MidTN

Aug 22, 2018
Mt Pleasant, TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Patriot & Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain exactly the procedure you used. Maybe we can find what you did wrong.

I hold down the power button on the headphones until the red/blue light flashes. I turn my detector on and hold the wireless power button for five seconds and the wireless symbol is flashing. The headphones are within 12 inches of my machine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my understanding the WM 10 is not used with any Equinox model.

600 will work with WM08 they are just not shipped with one, but can be bought from dealers or off forums. Didnt know if you had one or not.

Last edited:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hold down the power button on the headphones until the red/blue light flashes. I turn my detector on and hold the wireless power button for five seconds and the wireless symbol is flashing. The headphones are within 12 inches of my machine.
I turn the machine on first in paring mode THEN the headphones. Sometimes I need to do it twice but they have always paired. I haven't had much success with doing it the other way around.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
600 will work with WM10, they are just not shipped with one, but can be bought from dealers or off forums. Didnt know if you had one or not.

No, hes talking about the model of the module. the WM10 is for the CTX wireless, the WM08 is the EQX.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, hes talking about the model of the module. the WM10 is for the CTX wireless, the WM08 is the EQX.

Your correct Jason, I own both CTX and Equinix 800, mistyped the WM#....

Last edited:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
This works, it might tale a minute or two but they always pair up. I had a beotch of a time when I first got mine. I have factory headset as well. Make sure the “Bluetooth” symbol is flashing as well

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 600 doesn't like anything but the Minelab branded ones I borrowed off my buddy. I just ordered a pair because I'm tired of trying others.

Even the Miccus & Tronds (Both of which have been stated as the same thing all over the internet) will not connect to it. I have a feeling the latest firmware update did something because I never had a problem before that.

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine are 2 year old $69 Ghostek video game headphones I traded off one of my kids. Other than this pairing thing, they've worked great. Frustrated me, but never failed. And with the way I treat them, I'm surprised they haven't been destroyed,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread