Some info on aptX-LL headphones, the EQX, and pairing issues cropping up recently...

jmaziarz

Greenie
Nov 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Teknetics Patriot, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, MidTN, if I was confusing! Anything in particular I can clear up a bit, maybe? I can perhaps be a bit long-winded, and excessively detailed, at times, possibly... :laughing9:

Steve

I would like to request that when it becomes apparent that the Bluetooth 5.0 headphones work or don’t work, that the original post be edited with an update? Thanks for this great info and time put into it.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jmaziarz -- I will try to do so, if I can reach what I feel is a definitive conclusion. I would have to ask a moderator to do it, however, as I can't edit the original post any longer. Thanks for the kind words; as noted, at this point I am pretty confident in saying that 5.0 Bluetooth phones SHOULD pair with an Equinox, in general; there are several folks who HAVE been able to do so, with no issues -- including my own testing of a Miccus 5.0 set.

Thanks!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Sigfla!

Steve

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought several sets of headphones and if anyone is interested I have a new set of Miccus SR-71 Stealth Bluetooth v4.1 aptX Low Latency that I tested to see how it would pair up with my Nox. It works great, so you don't have to worry about pairing issues! $59 shipped including everything that normally comes with them except for the carrying case. I need the case for an older set of headphones that I have.

tabman

Julio-1984

Apr 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, you will be able to help me ... At least I hope so ...

I bought, for my Nox 800 a pair of BTS Pro of the brand Audio 66 ... On reception, it connects to Nox but not in APTX-LL 😢.

I read on a forum that the APTX-LL function must be activated via an update ... I try to carry out this update available on the forum but without success ... I therefore decide to make the update on audio 66 website, and once done, impossible to reconnect the headphones and the detector ...

I read afterwards that the file unlocking the APTX-LL function installs differently, but it is too late, the headphones no longer couple with the Nox 😭.

I discuss, since January 2020 with audio 66, and I can not anymore ... They do not understand why the update would have made the two devices incompatible and claims that the headset is not guaranteed to work with Nox, that's not their problem ... I have been asking for almost 4 months for a factory update file to just unlock the APTX-LL function, but nothing 😫.

So do you have a solution to my problem?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread