Apple AirPod pros.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to get them to pair, but since they do not appear to be APTX-LL compliant (can't totally verify this because Apple treats their customers like technology dummies and does not post comprehensive technical specs), will result in a LOT of lag which makes detecting difficult because the target signal will significantly lag behind the coil position while swinging over the target. Gives you the impression you have two targets in the ground and makes coil wag pinpointing a nightmare. Not recommended.

NapervilleDan

Dec 29, 2019
Naperville, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not with those, but I did pair my Nox 800 with a set of AfterShoks-Bone Conduction Headphones.

https://www.costco.com/aftershokz-a...headphones,-slate-gray.product.100482958.html

I prefer them over regular headphones at home with my iPad. I can still hear what's going on around me with them on. I'm not sure it's very practical for MDing, but if it works with those-I'd hope they would work with AirPods.
(they come with ear plugs for loud environments like air travel)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions