Minelab service issues? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Minelab service issues?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    27338 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    And when the warranties start to expire in about a year, no one knows the cost to repair so may be time to get another machine. The warranty goes from date of purchase, and if you've had a repair, the repaired part is considered part of the original purchase. Someone posted that here already. Most things are meant to be thrown away these days, even cars. My truck just turned 200,000 miles and I thought about getting a replacement, but with the throw away mentality, I'm keeping it until it rolls over on it's hood with all 4 wheels in the air and with it's dip stick hanging out.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Jan 10, 2020 at 08:44 PM.
    AviTech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2723 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Yes it does not look good for Minelab service again.
    AARC and A2coins like this.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31051 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K View Post
    They only need to order 3 parts. Control head, rod, coil - nothing is repaired - all replaced - how hard could it be - unless the failure rate is way beyond what they planned.
    They dont just order parts for the Nox, orders are made for all models, they are not just shipping Nox parts.

Failure rate iui s not high, they are out of parts and waiting on shipment.
    AARC and A2coins like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    54461 times
    I have just noticed there seems to be "issues" with this detector... overall.

My point is... that they are being sent in for repair /replacemnets AT ALL.

Sheesh this is supposed to be a "step up" in the overall detector tech.

This detector is a brand new release... To have problems in these amounts in muriple areas oveeall just seems to be out of the norm.

Personally... I don't give two craps about "parts" or the availability thereof...

I NEVER want to have to send a detector IN FOR repair to begin with... let alone less than a year of purchasing it.

That's just lame to begin with... you should NEVER have to send a detector in within a year of owning it...

a FEW lemon problems are expected... but not one after the other.

Who wants a detector that you have to "baby"... or worry about failures.

Who cares if it "hits great"... if it is in the end an overall POS.

Minelab trying to produce a detector on the cheap... to sell for cheap... is in the end only birthing "cheap".

I don't know about any of you... but I have better things to do with my time and money than to invest a grand into something that I have to box up and wait to be repaired to use again at some point.

Things break... this happens... but with this detector I get the overall opinion... that it is not an "if"... but a "when".

I want a REAL tool... not be treated like one.

PS... "quality is long remembered after price is forgotten"
    Last edited by AARC; Jan 11, 2020 at 06:10 AM.
    Keppy and A2coins like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7014 times
    Lol, I find it funny whever I read these "my Equinox broke" threads that they attract non-Equinox users that seem to be the most bent out of shape about Equinox reliability or Minelab in general, and usually go on and on trying to convince themselves and others, with minimal evidence either way of the true reliability of the detector, that Equinox/ML is apparent junk.

About the only thing I can infer from the forums is that the Equinox appears to be a wildly popular detector based on number of posts, so I am not surprised that we are going to see posts about repair service. Anyway, I just find it odd that non-Equinox users tend to be more vocal about Equinox reliabiity and appear to be so committed to expending energy and bandwidth convincing everyone the Equinox is synomous with bad design, manufacturing, performance, or you name it.

Whether or not the premise that the Equinox is unreliable is true, I have no idea. I can only form my own point of view based on other Equinox users I personally know (and that runs close to 50, I reckon) and the anecdotal info I get from the repair center directly from a person I know and trust and who also runs a trusted detector dealership that is a Tnet sponsor, and my own first-hand experience with Equinox (and I have literally abused my machines from salt water to thicket). Anyway, it appears that Equinox is no more or less reliable than any other unit in it's price range.

Regardless, I find the emotional investment by the non-Equinox crowd amusing and always a great read. I hope you all feel better now that you have blown the lid off the Minelab Equinox reliability conspiracy.

Hope PA gets his detector back in his hands soon so he can go grab some more great finds with his Equinox. It does indeed suck on paper straws that he is stuck in spare parts hell, unfortunately.
    Last edited by vferrari; Jan 11, 2020 at 08:15 AM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31051 times
    Failure rate of Equinix is no higher than that of the Excalibur and you have to baby the excal just as much or you will have problems, I own multiple excals and I love the excal too.
    AARC, A2coins and RustyGold like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7946 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I've had mine close to 2 years now without having to do a thing to it as far as repairs. Oh, I HAVE changed the protective film over the screen once. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped it on the ground and also concrete parking lots and sidewalks. It's been to England 3 times and had to endure the gorillas in baggage claim. It's been in the pounding surf as well as desert heat. If this is supposed to be babied, I would be guilty of child abuse! None of my local detecting buddies have had to send theirs in either, so, in our experience, Equinox seems to be holding up just fine, thank you.....
    Last edited by cudamark; Jan 12, 2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Avitech Associate

Something new is coming, the Cygnus, don't be left behind. A 22nd century detector for 21st century detectorists.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    54461 times
    Well those are positive posts.

vferrari and A2coins like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18545 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Now for a pause in the discussion here.....

I'm too spaced out - beer.... Couple of Steel Reserves = no one up the holler but me & Mom.

I have the CTX, and a modded Excal II through Kellyco during their difficult years = waited a long time for my Excal to come home after several months of modifications.

Everything still works. and they work to my needs, and I LOVE that Excal, period

We go through life .........
    vferrari, AARC, Blak bart and 2 others like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    27338 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I use the snot out of my detectors and can't break them. I have not run over one with my truck yet, but I came close once.
    A2coins and AARC like this.
    AviTech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    34965 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I have the 800 great machine havent got to use it much I had the AT Pro I had a problem with headphones once and coil another time they shipped them to me with a return label to send them back they shipped the day I called without even having the old parts Great fast service. I havent dealt with Minelab service but hope I dont have to wait as long as the OP if I do need parts.
    AARC and RustyGold like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    9993 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Update: ML sent me the tracking, looks like I will receive my Nox back tomorrow.
    nuggetdog, MikeRo, AARC and 3 others like this.

ca
    Feb 2011
    Edgewood, B.C.
    excal2, XP Deus
    59 times
    I have had quite a number of Minelabs over the years.. Sov [still own it in fact], Explorer, excals [plural] I still have my original sword.. and it still performs beautifully.

My excal 11 is one of the original models [made in Ireland]..

and to this day, I have never had an issue with any of the minelabs.. I use a Deus for most things these days due to the exceptional amount of trash I hunt in..[drowned towns]

But I still keep the sov and the excals for other purposes.. And they serve me well.. Perhaps the quality control in Malaysia is not up to the Aussie or Irish standards. I do know of a few

folks who have had issues with the nox; and a few who have not.. perhaps it is the luck of the draw... But one would think that with the number of complaints , perhaps Minelab might think of extending the warranties.

Micheal
    AARC, A2coins and DeepseekerADS like this.
    "Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in".

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    27338 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yes, I think luck of the draw is close to reality. The ones you don't hear about are working just fine. PA-dirt, good to hear it's coming back now. Stinks when your primary machine breaks. Doesn't matter which one it is. Now I just need someone to go with...
    pa-dirt_nc-sand, AARC and A2coins like this.
    AviTech Associate

Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    9993 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1579202533.567807.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	854.3 KB 
ID:	1790620
    Got out for a quick lunch hunt to try out the replacement gear. It’s uploaded with the most recent software and sounded a bit different. Did not seem to be able to “force a false hightone” like I could before. I got the occasional high tone VDI In the iron areas, but they were fleeting and not repeating. Did not dig any falsing iron, and was surprised when these 2 targets appeared in areas I had swung many times before. Looking forward to taking my “new” machine to a couple of my old hot spots!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links