Minelab service issues?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why use 3 year old obsolete tech? I will likely have moved on by that time and if it is still ticking, then bonus. I haven't held onto a cell phone for more than three years lately, why would I do the same for what is basically a low-tech cell phone on a stick? Based on detector price trajectories anyway (Vanquish, Simplex), the cost of a replacement control head would likely not be outrageous or they will just force their users to seek out cheaper, more capable machines. We'll see. My main concern with these is the durability of the control pad and side switches.

Just gotta face the music, the days of discrete accessible component circuit boards and solder repairs is over. People want an environmentally robust enclosure, that means either removeable seals (risky) or a completely sealed housing. You can forget about repairability at that point.

Last edited:

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Just shakin my head and feeling a leak coming on soon before warranty expiration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread