Who here would be interested in solid coil covers for their Equinox?

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gauging interest in solid coil covers for stock 11" and 15" coils. This would eliminate snagging in tall grass and brush sites. Theres DIY plans online using lexan but this modifies your original coil. Theres also fabric covers that are velcroed. But i feel a nice snap on cover would be the best option and be removable easily for water detecting.

If you have any interest say yay or nay and I may start producing these.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a Great Idea For Coiltec's WOT COILS
unfortunately I Went through Several When I Had my First Sovereign & W.O.T.

Though I'm not sure if I'd purchase one.
price & timing Perhaps.

There should be an interest.

As per Tnet Rules, You would need to Became a Charter Member to actually sell Them Here. & If you get Big enough to Be a Professional "dealer" Of course that would mean
Supporting Vendor Status.

Good Luck on a Great Idea,
That may Spread to Requests For Covers for Other Brands.

:coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d buy one if it weighed not more than the stock coil cover and snapped on in the same manner.

Its be made of the same ABS plastic or styrene and would weigh about the same. Maybe + a couple grams. Not enough to notice. And yes it would snap on the same exact way. I may extended the sides up a hair more for side protection as the current stock cover only goes up about 1/8 of an inch on the sides.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be interested as long as the price is reasonable.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me, that seems to be a solution in search of a problem. But since I haven't tried one, maybe I'd be surprised.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might want a few holes in it for people hunting on beaches so the water could drain bet you would do well

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested as long as the price is reasonable.
Shooting for $25ish
To me, that seems to be a solution in search of a problem. But since I haven't tried one, maybe I'd be surprised.
I do mainly cellar holes and corn fields and its a pain when you get sticks and corn stalks stuck in your coil while sweeping. The ears on the coil arent strong and if you snap one, your coil is useless.
Might want a few holes in it for people hunting on beaches so the water could drain bet you would do well
Itd be snap fit, so if youre water detecting that day, just snap stock coil cover back on. The closed cover is mainly for people in cellar holes and field swinging.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so theres a little interest. I'll update thread soon when I get a few made. Spring will be here before I (we) know it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so theres a little interest. I'll update thread soon when I get a few made. Spring will be here before I (we) know it.

Please remember you will need to be a charter member when you offer to sale or thread will be deleted. If you sell from a website then you need to be a supporting vendor, if you just sale from here then CM will suffice. .

Last edited:
OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember you will need to be a charter member when you offer to sale or thread will be deleted. If you sell from a website then you need to be a supporting vendor, if you just sale from here then CM will suffice. .
No problem. I will get the charter membership activated before any selling begins. If things pick up, and a website is created, I will upgrade to vendor.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Just a quick "aside"... I don't want to take this thread for a joyride... but that rule ("Charter member") threw me for a curve for a long time before I realized that you actually meant, "paid member" or "premium member". A charter member is an original member of a group... a founding member. It matters because for a long time I was thinking that rule was unfair because only original members of this forum could sell things. That is not true at all. You need to be a paid member.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/charter+member

OK, back to the scheduled programming...

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you dont need to be an original member to sell? Wish I would have known this awhile ago.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick "aside"... I don't want to take this thread for a joyride... but that rule ("Charter member") threw me for a curve for a long time before I realized that you actually meant, "paid member" or "premium member". A charter member is an original member of a group... a founding member. It matters because for a long time I was thinking that rule was unfair because only original members of this forum could sell things. That is not true at all. You need to be a paid member.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/charter+member

OK, back to the scheduled programming...

FYI........There is tab at top of forum that is labeled "Charter Member", when you click on it a drop down menu opens and one of the options is "UpGrade" and it explains how to join.

It has been this way for at least 14 years, mods have posted hundreds of times over the years about joining to be charter member to sell or trade here or post on the politics forum as well as members explaining how to sell.

Mods have also answered many PMs from members asking about charter membership too.

Hope this helps....

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested! I occasionally snow hunt. A solid bottom seems like it would slide on the snow easily. Also be great in tall weeds!

Doccus

May 22, 2020
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Treasure Probe, whites coin master, Selectmatic BFO, GARRETT GTA 1000, Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in. At that price give or take, I would buy a solid cover for the 11”. Solid coils are easier to swing in stubble, weeds and grass, and snow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread