Equinox 800 went dead

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve had my equinox 800 for about 13 months always kept it cleaned and put away in a corner went out beach hunting two days ago and went to go the next day and it would not come back on completely black screen so I thought the battery was dead and I charged it all night and still will not turn on only used it twice in the water about seven months ago any thoughts on it and what would it normally cost to have that repaired

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has a 3 year warranty so contact Minelab and send it in.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, they'll probably send you a new one. It'll just cost you the shipping to them. You can go online or call them for an order number. You'll need to fill out a form and explain the problem, provide where you bought it, and the date of purchase.

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried a Factory Reset?

I’ve had my equinox 800 for about 13 months always kept it cleaned and put away in a corner went out beach hunting two days ago and went to go the next day and it would not come back on completely black screen so I thought the battery was dead and I charged it all night and still will not turn on only used it twice in the water about seven months ago any thoughts on it and what would it normally cost to have that repaired.

If you registered you Nox with Minelab and confirm your serial number when you call them you should be good to go. They will replace your control pod with a new one. Their service is second to none from my experience. Best of luck to you.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, after trying a factory reset, if it doesn't work call Minelab. They are good on their warranties.

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have kept mine away from water all together. Should we just be dunking the machine to see if it can handle water?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have kept mine away from water all together. Should we just be dunking the machine to see if it can handle water?

If you plan on hunting in water, you should dunk it now before the warranty runs out.

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man sounds like a headache. Anyone do the silicone method?

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you plan on hunting in water, you should dunk it now before the warranty runs out.

I agree run it in the water a couple of times to make sure it does not leak I dropped mine off today they said about two weeks I should have it back roughly I’ll let y’all know what happened to it thanks for the advice

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, after trying a factory reset, if it doesn't work call Minelab. They are good on their warranties.

I tried factory reset no good still did not come on thanks for the suggestion

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man sounds like a headache. Anyone do the silicone method?

It'll either leak or not. If it does, send it in under warranty. If it doesn't, you're good. No headache, no need to worry about it. unless you crack the housing or try to take it apart. Sealer or any kind of modification might void the warranty.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well mine got water in it just by rinsing it off in the shower. Went dead two weeks ago.

Dave

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well mine got water in it just by rinsing it off in the shower. Went dead two weeks ago.

Dave

That's pathetic for a waterproof machine!! As great as they are. There have been many cases of water damage. Not good

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pathetic for a waterproof machine!! As great as they are. There have been many cases of water damage. Not good

It has happened with all manufacturers of water machines. We just hear about the failures, not the hundreds, if not thousands of Nox owners that haven't had a problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread