best settings for relic hunting with Nox 800?

Cobradude22

May 11, 2018
Crawfordsville, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Field 2 on 50 tones and FE. I never upgraded to the 2.0 software. I was really comfortable with how my machine performed and didn’t want to change it. I always have iron audio off but that’s just me. I’ve had really good luck with mine. I’m using the Nox 600. I also watched a video one time where they tested the depths of the modes. Field 2 had the best depth. That’s why I use it. And I’m comfortable with the feedback it makes and the readings.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually use Park 1 unless I'm after tiny gold, where I found Field 2 works better. Park 1 on my machine is more stable at the same Sensitivity setting than the Field modes. I also use 50 tones and hunt in all metal. I have the latest software and use the iron bias setting depending on the degree of iron trash.

OP
OP
gene the machine

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks cudamark. I have heard that 50 tones is better to get the most out of the Nox multi frequency. I've been using Park 1 for general around homes type detecting but have not been able to do any relic hunting with it yet but I hope to soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread