jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Nox 800, Garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! so I purchased a Nox 800 off of amazon 2 weeks ago (finally moving up from my Ace 250) and as soon as I assembled it and went to hit the power button....a whole lot of nothing happened. so I tried it again and again, after about 20 presses of the button in different spots it finally turned on. when I went to turn the machine off the same thing happened, I had to press the button many times in different places to get it to turn off. now I've done some digging through this forum and found other users that encountered the same problems and it seems like the only solution is to send it back to minelab? I contacted them a few minutes ago by phone and it instructed me to leave a voicemail detailing my problem and they would get back to me. Has anybody found a workaround or trick for this faulty power button? I really don't want to send the Nox back because I'm very excited to get out there and use it but if that's the only long solution then I will. thank you all in advance! this site is awesome with a plethora of wonderful information that keeps me browsing for hours!

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you charge it first? Dumb question I know, but had to ask.
I have to push mine fairly hard and hold it down for a second, if I’m wearing gloves, forget it.

OP
OP
jangrok

jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you charge it first? Dumb question I know, but had to ask.
I have to push mine fairly hard and hold it down for a second, if I’m wearing gloves, forget it.

shoot, I forgot to add that to the main post, when I finally got it to turn on the battery was 2/3 full so I turned it back off (after many button presses) and charged it up the rest of the way.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, it happens. We all hate it when our toys don't work on Christmas morning. I would return it to Amazon as defective and order a new one off the site. Might be a tad quicker than going the repair center route. Repair center might just have you ship the head unit and not the whole detector which might speed things up but going through Amazon would get you a brand new one and a new warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jangrok

jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, it happens. We all hate it when our toys don't work on Christmas morning. I would return it to Amazon as defective and order a new one off the site. Might be a tad quicker than going the repair center route. Repair center might just have you ship the head unit and not the whole detector which might speed things up but going through Amazon would get you a brand new one and a new warranty.

that's not a bad idea, although the few times I got it to power up I took it in the backyard and used it for a few hours, not sure if I can return it now or not?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's not a bad idea, although the few times I got it to power up I took it in the backyard and used it for a few hours, not sure if I can return it now or not?

If it's defective, doesn't matter if you used it. You have to use it generally to find out in the first place. Otherwise, if you used it and just didn't like it, that would still be ok, but in that case Amazon charges you shipping to return if there is nothing wrong with it. If it's defective, it's on them to make it right. The only catch is whether you are dealing with Amazon direct of a Dealer storefront using Amazon. Then you are subject to the Dealer return policies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread