dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, WS4, 11' Standard
Coil & Whites XLT E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered mine before I even had the Equinox 800. I knew I wouldn’t regret it. Red Belly Carbon looks kewl.

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...so i thought Covid backlog!!!!

Matt

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's here! It's here!

LOL.

I can honestly say, feels like a completely diffetent detector - in a good way.

Detect-Ed Carbon Fibre 2-piece shaft, grand total on £68 delivered from OZ to UK !!

Here are some pics:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a great setup. Did it come with the nice red base bracket that slips over the existing coil ears, or is that from some other source? Does it glue to the coil? Maybe that will help eliminate some of the broken coil ear problems.

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a great setup. Did it come with the nice red base bracket that slips over the existing coil ears, or is that from some other source? Does it glue to the coil? Maybe that will help eliminate some of the broken coil ear problems.

Here you go mate, this is how it fitds and wrks etc:
#https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minelab-...hash=item2f3b8256c8:m:m0nafTJiqWbzUjrsaXfGbBA

and maybe:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minelab-...ithBBEV1Filter&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

dickkolacki

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to buy a packet of Zip Ties. You'll have to replace them every time you take your coil cover off to clean it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to buy a packet of Zip Ties. You'll have to replace them every time you take your coil cover off to clean it.

You can always run the zip ties inside the coil cover, or drill some holes in the coil cover so the sand will flush out.

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always run the zip ties inside the coil cover, or drill some holes in the coil cover so the sand will flush out.

I don't need or have zip ties....i have got the bit that stops the ears breaking, not the bit that replaces broken ears

Matt

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have snapped my ears off three times already that would be perfect. Do they just sell the ear protectors or do you have to buy the whole set up? I have an Anderson carbon fiber and it’s about a eighth to short So I’m using a washer in there now but I love that red set up

UPDATE Just ordered a set of three I appreciate you posting it it’ll solve a major problem I’m having. Cheers

Last edited:

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Huh?

I'm confused?

I am still confused about needing zip ties?

Can someone please explain?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I am still confused about needing zip ties?

Can someone please explain?

Thank he’s implying that what you got won’t help your problems they also break. Which I hope is in truth since I ordered them myself I was snapping ears off my coil once every couple months.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he was saying that you had to run the zip ties over the coil cover, and when you went to remove the cover to clean it, you would have to cut the ties and replace them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread