Unexpected Bench Results

OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I made a mistake, I tested Field1 IN 2 TONES vs the other modes in 5 tones. I don't know if that's unfair or not but I do know 2 tones in Field1 heard the quarter when other modes in 5 tones did not.
I'm not certain if 2 tones gets better separation than 5 but without any tone breaks it seemed a bit clearer than 5 tones on a cellar hole lip today. I dug a few non-ferrous items.
I'm guessing most people aren't hunting places where you have to dig ALL non-ferrous so this doesn't matter to them, but I'm going to stick with two tones for a while.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm relic hunting and gold prospecting in lots of iron trash in Park or Field modes I use 2 tones unless I'm using one of the Gold modes. 2 tones makes that dividing line between ferrous and nonferrous easy to hear and I don't get distracted by lots of rapidly changing tones that can be caused by rusty iron and jagged aluminum targets when I use 5 tones. If I use just the right amount of iron bias the iron tone falsing vs actual non-ferrous targets will be easier to hear too in 2 tones.

Jeff

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add on to what jmc24 said, you can use 2-tones on any mode, not just Field 1. So if you are primarily going after mid conductors (brass/lead relics, nickels, gold), use Field 2 or Park 2, If going after silver and high conductors then use Park 1 or Field 1 any of those modes and the beach modes can be set up as 2-tone if you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread