Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy
Been a while since i had a good rant about the Equinox 600, so here we go....

Over 200 hours with the dodgy thing now, wowoweeee....
I think they should get rid of the numbers on the display panel, and instead use a few simple terms...
I have selected a few they might use....

"no idea what it is, dig it anyway"

"this is some sort of metal, dig it if you want"

"i know this signal was a coin a few days ago, but now it could be absolutely anything from a tractor door to a u shaped fence nail"

"there is probably something else you could be doing ?"

"bet you wish you hadn't downloaded new iron bias settings ,, eh eh ?"

so those are my choices, please feel free to add any that you want and i'll forward the suggestions to Minelab. :dontknow:

thanks for reading..

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid I'm not seeing the same problems with target I.D. that you are. Could it be better (Etrac and CTX type), sure. Do most other machines have the same problems you mentioned, absolutely. Is the Equinox display worthless, no way! In all metal, I get all kinds of useful info to help me decide to dig or not.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chuckle out of your post. Points well taken. And accurate. Now you know one of the reasons I got rid of mine. It got "confused" a lot.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have over 350 hours on my 800 and probably 150 on my 600 and although I don't go by the display I go by sound but I always glance at it when I get a good signal. The vdi is usually right and sometime bouncy if there is trash mixed with the target. Sounds to me more like a software glitch in the control module than anything. I had 2 go bad at 1st but everything has been great since then

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread