saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you consider a long time?

Do you see the red lights on the side of the headphones? How many are on?

OP
OP
Bayoutalker

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 hours or a bit more. All of the lights are on. The Nox charged in half the time. They finally all went off so it apparently did charge but I'm not sure how long it took. They haven't been used since I last charged them so I thought it should have been quicker.

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I was at the beach, I used my 800 and the headset for about 8 hours between charging. After thinking about it, the headset may have taken a little longer than the 800 to get fully charged.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
All depends on charger. If you are using a charger with two USB ports usually one is 1A and the other is 2 or 2.1A output. The 1A will take longer to charge.
Doug

OP
OP
Bayoutalker

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All depends on charger. If you are using a charger with two USB ports usually one is 1A and the other is 2 or 2.1A output. The 1A will take longer to charge.
Doug
I used the one that fast charges for my phone for the Nox and the one for my old phone that is not as fast for the headphones. When the Nox was finished I swapped them. Even after the slow charge it still took quite a while for the headphones to finish. Normally I use the same chargers after I use the Nox for several hours and they finish fairly close together. Maybe it was just a fluke this time.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Usually takes about 4 hrs for the Nox or headphones.
make sure the contact on the Nox End of the cord is clean of debris , I use painters blue tape to clean mine.
Each output on chargers are usually marked and sometimes hard to see. A 1Amp output will take much longer.
Doug.

OP
OP
Bayoutalker

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually takes about 4 hrs for the Nox or headphones.
make sure the contact on the Nox End of the cord is clean of debris , I use painters blue tape to clean mine.
Each output on chargers are usually marked and sometimes hard to see. A 1Amp output will take much longer.
Doug.
4 hours is about right if I've been using it but I didn't expect it to take as long since it hadn't been used since it was last charge. I don't like to keep rechargeable batteries stored too long without charging. Normally my headphones finish pretty close to the Nox but this time is was almost twice as long.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
4 hours is about right if I've been using it but I didn't expect it to take as long since it hadn't been used since it was last charge. I don't like to keep rechargeable batteries stored too long without charging. Normally my headphones finish pretty close to the Nox but this time is was almost twice as long.
I plug mine in every time I return from detecting and just love it charge until next time I go.
Doug

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. I recharge both after every hunt regardless of length. I use two identical chargers, and find my experience is the other way around. My Nox 800 takes longer to fully charge than the headphones. 4 hours is not out of line on the recharge time depending on how low they are to begin with.

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible that you forgot to turn your headphones off the last time you used them so the battery was more discharged than usual? I used to use iPad chargers good fo 2.1 & 2.5 amps. I'm now using an iClever smart charger with 6 USB ports induvidually rated at 2.4 amps each (not shared). My phones always finished charging before the Nox. Phones would take about an hour or so and the Nox 3 or 4 hours with either of the above chargers.

OP
OP
Bayoutalker

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the comments but since I haven't been using them lately I periodically charge them to keep the batteries up. Neither had been used since the last charge so nothing was left on. Besides, I thought the headphones shut off after not being paired for a period of time to keep that from happening.

As for the time, I don't know how long it actually took to charge but it was more than 4 hours. Since they hadn't been used I would have expected it to take less time. Maybe it was just a one time thing. Only time will tell.

I normally charge them after every hunt so they are ready to go the next time. I never know when I'll get a chance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread